Best Portable Audio Source...??
Jan 24, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #16 of 22
Honestly when it comes to portable audio and great sound with a decent price. Look no further then a micro sd card for your phone load up some flac and hook it all up to an Oppo HA-2 it has a great sound and you can it up via aux or micro usb or lighting cable for iphone. It sounds great and last me 8hours and up! I cant recommend it enough!

Jan 25, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #17 of 22
Honestly when it comes to portable audio and great sound with a decent price. Look no further then a micro sd card for your phone load up some flac and hook it all up to an Oppo HA-2 it has a great sound and you can it up via aux or micro usb or lighting cable for iphone. It sounds great and last me 8hours and up! I cant recommend it enough!

Thanks for your recommendation! But we'll see the problem is that the set up you are talking about becomes too bulky to be portable...
A DAP makes it a lot easier to carry the set up in a smaller form..

Anyway have you compared your set up to something like the iBasso DX80 or the Fiio X7?

Jan 25, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #18 of 22
Honestly I have heard quite a few of Fiio's in my day and i have never really found one that was worth buying. I got the oppo in and i was just in love. It isnt that bulky it is like having 2 smart phones in your pocket. Plus the oppo come with bands as do many portable amps to hold the two togethere.
redface.gif
The reason I became so set on the Oppo was because it has Reference A/B chip in it, aswell as the bigger desktop they use, uses that same exact chip. The price difference is like 700 bucks and the only thing you gain is a bigger amp that is more powerful but yet still sounds the same. So for $300 it is a steal. As well i just measured how big my Galazy S5 is with the oppo amp and it measured at 3/4 of inch thick. Now if you have a case on your phone that could change it alot im sure haha :), but with out it i dont think there is alot of pairs out there that when togethere are 3/4 of an inch thick.

Jan 25, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #19 of 22
Honestly I have heard quite a few of Fiio's in my day and i have never really found one that was worth buying. I got the oppo in and i was just in love. It isnt that bulky it is like having 2 smart phones in your pocket. Plus the oppo come with bands as do many portable amps to hold the two togethere. :xf_eek: The reason I became so set on the Oppo was because it has Reference A/B chip in it, aswell as the bigger desktop they use, uses that same exact chip. The price difference is like 700 bucks and the only thing you gain is a bigger amp that is more powerful but yet still sounds the same. So for $300 it is a steal. As well i just measured how big my Galazy S5 is with the oppo amp and it measured at 3/4 of inch thick. Now if you have a case on your phone that could change it alot im sure haha :), but with out it i dont think there is alot of pairs out there that when togethere are 3/4 of an inch thick.

Hmm... Now that's interesting...
Unfortunately I can't really test any of the hifi audio equipment as there not many retailers selling them here in my country...
So it's really hard to make choice! I have been waiting to see when and how I can get a listen on these devices and buy the one that I like the most... After all sound comes down to personal preference... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back