Best Portable (Ampless) Headphones
Dec 14, 2011 at 10:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Titansrcool

New Head-Fier
Ok, 2 or so months ago i took the first step into high quality sound by buying a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohms.  I am extremely happy with them and i like the versatility they have (i.e. how they are able to have strong powerful almost overwhelming bass but then sound good with eq making them nuetral).  Id like another pair of headphones like this that have the ability of great bass/nuetral sound and are also built well...Ive been using the Beyers portably because most of my listening is on the go.  I understand that these are not portable headphones and so i have been looking around for a more portable pair.   I listen to jazz and hip hop my price limit is around 200 to 250 U.S. dollars  (300 is a real stretch but i could go there).  Finally i prefer full sized head phones but can deal with on ear and I need the headphones to go ampless (driven out of ipod nano).

Ive been looking into:
Audio Techinica ESW9A
Denon D2000 (i know they are technically not portable but they have the sound im looking for and have a low impdence)  correct me if im wrong on the impedence
Shure srh 940
Beyerdynamic dt1350

Users who are viewing this thread

Back