Best portable amp?
Sep 26, 2003 at 7:25 PM Post #32 of 42
Headsave has the mint sized amp too. A lot of people are very happy with the build quality of the Headsave amps.

Sep 26, 2003 at 8:40 PM Post #33 of 42
mini-meimg.gif

HEADSAVE Intro
"MiniMe"
MiniMe is tiny! Smaller than an Altoids tin, but don't let that fool you. MiniMe carries a fully spec'd out Mint PCB with external DC & battery power connections. A handsome addition to your home or portable system!

Mint pcb
-Panasonic 680uF 25v ps caps
-1% metal film resistors
-AD 8620 op amp
-Buf 634U buffers
-Crd’s to bias to class “A”
-R11 to tweak buffer bandwidth
-Panasonic EVJ 50k potentiometer
-Machined aluminum knob (clear)
-Switchcraft mini jacks
-Mini toggle switch
-Blue LED
-DC Jack
-9v battery power
-Gain of 10
-Custom cable for external batteries
-Tiny Hammond aluminum case ( 3.15” x 2.13” x .91”)

(all prices + shipping

Sep 26, 2003 at 9:42 PM Post #36 of 42
Quote:

Originally posted by stupid_girl_says
If there are any more please tell me.
Thanks.

What about Headroom's Airhead
confused.gif

I use one with my iPod & Ety's and it's great. Just add the headroom bag and you're all set.

Look here

Sep 26, 2003 at 9:48 PM Post #37 of 42
Quote:

The minime requires two 9v batteries. It must be bigger than I am looking at. The headsave mint is smaller than two 9v batteries. I think the minime is a little too big.

The Mint can fit 2X9v batteries in a Altoid box. At least tangent can.

There is a performance trade off between 1x9v battery and 2x9v batteries. If you want max. performance, you want 2x9v batteries. And I am not just talking battery life.

Sep 27, 2003 at 12:39 AM Post #39 of 42
Quote:

There is a performance trade off between 1x9v battery and 2x9v batteries. If you want max. performance, you want 2x9v batteries. And I am not just talking battery life.

Can you be more specific on how the performance differences?

Like is it sound quality or how loud it is?

Sep 27, 2003 at 12:50 AM Post #40 of 42
Quote:

Hey Todd do you know how the Headroom Airhead compares with the Mint or the Xin models?

'fraid not, sorry.
Maybe if you show up to the next Chicago Head-Fi meet you can sample some of amps you're interested in?
Will we see you there?

Sep 27, 2003 at 9:47 PM Post #42 of 42
Quote:

Hey Todd do you know how the Headroom Airhead compares with the Mint or the Xin models?

ive owned both an airhead and the newer supermini...and the answer is, the AH doesnt compare...even less so when you consider the price of airheads (even with the sale they're having). not to say the headroom offering sucks...the AH is a decent little amp if you're using low power portables with low impedence phones, and the crossfeed isnt too bad. to my ears, it had a pleasant, warm sound...not very detailed, nothing fancy....but not bad if you're just using a flash mp3 player or PCDP line out and some PX100s, V6s, HD497 (in fact, the px100 had a nice synergy with the AH), etc. but, IMO, at anything more than $50-$60 the Ah just isnt worth it. and dont even _think_ about using it with any sort of home equipment.

the supermini, OTOH, just owns for the price. versatile, powerful, compact, plenty of options...just an all-around good value. i wont go into detail about how it sounds, as there are plenty of other comments available via search...but it isnt really comparable to the AH, IMHO. as far as comparing to a portable meta, im not sure...havent heard one
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back