best portable amp for Sennheiser IE8
Jan 30, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #16 of 40
I just bought a P-51 from another forum member. I also ordered the IE8's and an SR-71A. It looks like I made some decent choices.

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #17 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by speedingredline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just bought a P-51 from another forum member. I also ordered the IE8's and an SR-71A. It looks like I made some decent choices.

Nice. Please report about your impressions. I'll still wait a few days with the order.

iPod Classic -> IE8 to me sounds pretty well, so im interested to read about Classic -> IE8 vs. Classic -> P-51/71A -> IE8.

Jan 30, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #18 of 40
Quote:

Is the SR-71A back in production?

Jan 31, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #20 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kahuna /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the SR-71A back in production?

I went to Emmeline website and sent payment for it. I have not yet received confirmation as of yet.

Jan 31, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #21 of 40
Quote:

I went to Emmeline website and sent payment for it. I have not yet received confirmation as of yet.

facepalm.jpg

Jan 31, 2009 at 9:35 AM Post #25 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by knights /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you're using it on iems, why not the t4?

Don't know. I don't see the need to buy an IEM-dedicated amp if there are better matching non-IEM-dedicated amps around. I'm just looking for the best portable amp for the IE8, primarily sound wise. Handling, look and feel is also important to me. Size and price does not matter.

Apr 25, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #26 of 40
Sorry to revive an old thread, but how would Tomahawks/Hornets fare? I have a 6G iPod Classic 80GB and IE8's. How about the D10? Also, is using an iQube overkill?

Apr 25, 2009 at 9:45 PM Post #27 of 40
I'm quite satisfied w/ iPod Classic + IE8. But when paired w/ a decent amp, the SQ is up by another level. The differences are probably subtle, but it's there.

Apr 26, 2009 at 2:57 AM Post #28 of 40
I have the combination of the Mustang and IE8 and yes, I enjoy them. I have posted my listening impresssions of this combinaton elsewhere in this forum - link below.

When using the Mustang avoid re-amping (i.e. headphone out into Mustang) if you want get the best out of it.

link: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/m...ng-ie8-419406/

Apr 26, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #29 of 40
d10 with ie8's all the way. the best thing about the d10 is that you can opamp roll and has known combinations that imitate other popular amps such as the pico and predator. you can also fine tune your sound by using opamps that sound best with the ie8's. it is also much more feature rich then all of the above mentioned amps, is cheaper and by what the forum is saying, in many ways superior.

Apr 26, 2009 at 3:56 AM Post #30 of 40
I was thinking of saving up for a high-end amp, something like the Cobra or maybe the Hornet, or maybe even the iQube (I'll wait for V2, obviously) and then only later on upgrade my LOD cable. Would this be a sound plan? Also, with the IE8s, which works better? pure gold LOD, or Pure COpper+Pure Silver+Black Gates?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back