Best Portable AMP for Audeze Sine
Jul 1, 2016 at 10:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

kimtaewan92

Head-Fier
Hello,

I purchased Audeze Sine a few days ago and am in the market for a new portable AMP now.

I own Fiio e12, but because of its floor noise being too high, it's barely usable :frowning2: I use Fiio X3 2nd gen as my portae DAP. If I can use sensitive IEMs with it, I'd be extremely happy too :)

Price range is max $300 (because I'm in Canada that'd translate to like $500...)

Thank you in advance!

Jul 2, 2016 at 7:10 AM Post #2 of 7
I absolutely loved the aune B1. I've driven HD800 and EL8 from it with success. It's quite powerful, and the sound is just so full and well, right. 

It can be a bit noisy with sensitive IEMs, but why don't you just use X3 with your IEMs unamped... I thought that was the point of DAPs. And even with the best amp, adding more to the chain won't help the sound much with sensitive IEMs. IEMs rarely require amping and I actually recommend against it. 

Jul 2, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #3 of 7
Thank you for your recommendations! I'll look into Aune b1.

Hmm, you have a point. I was considering that as well. I carry my DAP strapped to a portable amp, and I found it cumbersome to switch around cables (pure laziness on my part). I wish there were a one set-up that rules all.

Thank you nonetheless :)

Jul 2, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #4 of 7
Thank you for your recommendations! I'll look into Aune b1.

Hmm, you have a point. I was considering that as well. I carry my DAP strapped to a portable amp, and I found it cumbersome to switch around cables (pure laziness on my part). I wish there were a one set-up that rules all.

Thank you nonetheless
smily_headphones1.gif

Technically, the DAPs were developed as a one set-up to rule it all. Before this DAP age, people used to carry around iPods strapped to an amp. The modern DAPs output more power than many small amps and sound better too. If you want to read a bit about it, I have an article on it here.

Jul 2, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #5 of 7
I wish there were a one set-up that rules all.

There are a few DAPs on the market now that can drive almost any full-size headphone with authority, but they are expensive.

QuestStyle QP1R
FiiO X7 + AM2 Amp module
Acoustic Research M2
Maybe the Lootoo PAW Gold

Users who are viewing this thread

Back