Best Portable Amp around $60-$100?
Nov 7, 2014 at 2:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TeddyShot

100+ Head-Fier
I purchased a pair of ATH M50x and Sennheiser HD 598. I'm deciding between which sound signature I prefer. I plan to return them and get a good deal on one of them (or Senn HD 558 and remove foam) on Cyber Monday. I also plan to buy a portable amp that same day. I'm having trouble deciding between the Fiio E07k and Fiio E11k (and possibly E12). I'm unfamiliar with any other competitive portable amps in this price range.

As of now I mostly play music off my iPad Air using the headphone jack, but I may construct a PC in the near future and use that additionally for music listening.

Nov 7, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #2 of 4
I purchased a pair of ATH M50x and Sennheiser HD 598. I'm deciding between which sound signature I prefer. I plan to return them and get a good deal on one of them (or Senn HD 558 and remove foam) on Cyber Monday. I also plan to buy a portable amp that same day. I'm having trouble deciding between the Fiio E07k and Fiio E11k (and possibly E12). I'm unfamiliar with any other competitive portable amps in this price range.

As of now I mostly play music off my iPad Air using the headphone jack, but I may construct a PC in the near future and use that additionally for music listening.

I'd go e07k as neither headphone needs a lot of power, and the DAC function of the E07k [when used with a Computer] will make for a better quality of sound 

Nov 7, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #4 of 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back