Best Portable $200 Amp for Shure E4C's?
Apr 13, 2007 at 2:59 PM Post #2 of 27
I have a Bithead and E4s, and I notice absolutely no definite improvement when going amped compared to non-amped. I saw either save your money, or sell the E4s and use that 200 towards getting E500s. The improvement will be much MUCH great than using an amp.

Apr 13, 2007 at 7:55 PM Post #5 of 27
Save the money, upgrade the headphones if you feel like spending. If you can, sell your E4Cs, add in another $250 or so and get the UM3 or SE530. I think you'll notice a bigger SQ improvement than buying an amp for the E4Cs.

Apr 13, 2007 at 8:15 PM Post #6 of 27
I completely disagree with the above posters. I didn't notice much improvement when I first switched to the supermicro (long time ago and my e4c were my main phone). Thought wow..waste of money but I kept using it for a week or 2. I tried to switch back and that point it was devastating the sound quality decrease. I would never use any headphone without a serious amp now. The e4c synergize to a great extent with the supermicro. Detailed, vibrant sound in a (realistically) large soundstage.

Apr 13, 2007 at 10:13 PM Post #8 of 27
The micro seems to be sitting, paradoxically, at the top of the Xin lineup right now. I would go with the micro over the mini. I haven't heard the other amps you are looking at but if you don't mind the wait, Xin won't let you down!

Apr 14, 2007 at 12:09 AM Post #9 of 27
Anyone else have any info on the others? If not, I'll bear the 4 month wait for a Xin.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 14, 2007 at 12:43 AM Post #11 of 27
Gary's Pa2v2 is the way to go! Talk with him and arrange to get one.

Apr 14, 2007 at 1:20 AM Post #15 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.electric-avenues.com/amplifiers.html

I saw that site before, so one has to buy one off of ebay? Or can I contact him directly to order one?

Thanks.

I contacted him directly...I think I may get this one, simply for the price. It will be a nice entry-level amp...I'm still having a hard time, Xin's amps and the C&O XO really appeal to me too...

Is it possible to attach a poll to this thread? If not, am I allowed to create a poll, or would that be considered spam?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back