Best player for bass under/around $50
Jan 7, 2012 at 9:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

slapshot30

500+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, just looking around for a cheap audio player with good SQ and a nice EQ for bass. I'm ordering some Ultrasone 580s. I've been looking at the clip+/fuze/clipzip but I've heard without rockbox, the eq isn't so great. Rockbox looks pretty confusing and dull, and I've never learned how to custom eq with the bands or anything. Is there anything else out there (sony, etc) around 50 with some good sound quality and eq for bass?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

Jan 8, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #2 of 7
Rockbox is easy to install and well worth getting use to using. Hard to find anything else as good for the price, can't even get a used iPod Nano or Zune 4/8. 

Jan 8, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #3 of 7
The clipzip has an improved eq in the original FW, and no longer has a drop in volume when used. Any of them, Rockboxed, will sound EXCELLENT! And, the dippy volume issue is no more on the clip/+ when RB'd. For the price your asking you can't go wrong. And, compared to players costing hundreds of $$$'s more, you STILL can't go wrong.

Here's a link to the RockboxUtility to make the FW change go seamlessly.

Jan 8, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #4 of 7

Quote:
Rockbox is easy to install and well worth getting use to using. Hard to find anything else as good for the price, can't even get a used iPod Nano or Zune 4/8. 

Quote:
The clipzip has an improved eq in the original FW, and no longer has a drop in volume when used. Any of them, Rockboxed, will sound EXCELLENT! And, the dippy volume issue is no more on the clip/+ when RB'd. For the price your asking you can't go wrong. And, compared to players costing hundreds of $$$'s more, you STILL can't go wrong.

Here's a link to the RockboxUtility to make the FW change go seamlessly.

Alright, thanks guys. I just ordered the original Fuze because I like the use of a scroll wheel and I've heard the Fuze+ touch controls are a nightmare. In terms of using Rockbox on a device, is it really confusing? Is it hard to learn how to EQ on it, and are there preset EQ's for rockbox?

Jan 8, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #5 of 7
Sansa clip+

Jan 9, 2012 at 8:24 AM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Alright, thanks guys. I just ordered the original Fuze because I like the use of a scroll wheel and I've heard the Fuze+ touch controls are a nightmare. In terms of using Rockbox on a device, is it really confusing? Is it hard to learn how to EQ on it, and are there preset EQ's for rockbox?

In rockbox for simplicity's sake there are also simple bass and treble controls......you can use them at first while you learn to master the customizable EQ. It's a win/win proposition.

Jan 9, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
In rockbox for simplicity's sake there are also simple bass and treble controls......you can use them at first while you learn to master the customizable EQ. It's a win/win proposition.

That's good then, thanks for the info. Excited for my new headphones and player to arrive.
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back