Best places for DIY cable supplies?
Apr 15, 2010 at 10:37 AM Post #18 of 22
yeah, canford is pretty good. i got my starquad there and the price is quite ok.
if you want some sleeving, hypexuk is the place to go. have tons of varieties (big brands) yet their delivery charge is bloody though. but considering the fact that they're the only one within uk that provides teflon, nylon, mylar and such, importing from the us is a worse choice.

Apr 15, 2010 at 12:38 PM Post #20 of 22
lots of people recommending good places for run-o-the-mill (nothing wrong with that) PCX is a favorite of mine for higher end kit when i'm not buying direct from the manufacturer and they have some decent sales. for silver wire and other bits including tubes, chassis etc. check out vt4c.com. great prices on decent but not uber quality silver, teflon, silk sleeve, NOS tubes, transformers connectors etc etc. the 4N silver (not cryo) price cannot be beat IMO, never seen it matched anywhere apart from buying direct from the manufacturer

Apr 17, 2010 at 12:19 PM Post #21 of 22
I'll throw my 2cents in since i've learned alot the past few days reading the boards trying to learn all the in's and outs of DIY to build my first cmoy.

I came across Welborne Labs and they have nice stuff (in particular wire) which is what you asked about.

Now off to get some help myself.

Apr 17, 2010 at 6:54 PM Post #22 of 22
@Gusp, I would just like loctions for basically anything I could want for building cables. No matter if I want to use silver or just ordinary copper.
I don't like the super snake oil cables that many places sell these days and as we all know for 1/4 of the price you can usually build a similar cable.

Besides, this stuff keeps me busy.

I think I am going to start with some silver interconnects, do we have any suggestions or ideas for design?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back