Best place to sit in an arena concert?
Feb 6, 2009 at 9:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Fetou

100+ Head-Fier
I am planning on attending the Fleetwood Mac Greatest hits tour at the Blue Cross Arena in Rochester, NY. It serves as a place for all kinds of things, like hockey, monster trucks, and concerts.

So, I don't know how specially made it is for concerts and what the acoustics or anything are like, but I need to know what seats are good.

I want to go for the sound. I would like to see the band, but if it isn't right up close, it isn't a huge deal. The arena has a floor, a 1st level and a balcony 2nd level seating. The 2nd level seating is half the price, so if it sounds decent up there, it would be nice.

Is sound really bad in arenas? What is your experience/what would you recommend?

Feb 6, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #2 of 8
Where the soundstage is generally the best sound so get tickets just in front of it. Be careful with the second level or the first level under the second level as you can get bad echoes.

Feb 7, 2009 at 1:41 AM Post #5 of 8
This is the view from the seats I just bought. I didn't have much option. Hope they aren't too bad, because with fees and everything they were 90/ticket. But Fleetwood Mac is like... legendary.

bluecrossarena.com

The link takes you directly to the proper seat view by the way, so its just a one click link.

Feb 7, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Is sound really bad in arenas?

Yes. The biggest problem with most arena concerts is that they are so blaringly loud.

Feb 8, 2009 at 3:24 AM Post #7 of 8
Sit? Even when I've had seats I've had to stand for the whole damn show. Kills the knees.

Those seats probably will be okay. I've never been to a show where it was too bad even when off to the side.

Feb 12, 2009 at 5:10 AM Post #8 of 8
I'm a young'n so if I have to stand, so be it
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back