Best place to sell mid-fi gear in the UK?
Aug 5, 2023 at 11:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Simon Patten

100+ Head-Fier
The title says it all, Ebay or are there better places to sell my Gryphon, Qudelix 5K, Dusk, etc.? I assume the 'for sale' areas here are mainly for US folks and I don't want to export it. Thanks.

Aug 6, 2023 at 3:18 AM Post #2 of 8
ukaudiomart is an option. Reddit AVexchange also has an occasional UK listing.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2023 at 9:52 AM Post #4 of 8
The title says it all, Ebay or are there better places to sell my Gryphon, Qudelix 5K, Dusk, etc.? I assume the 'for sale' areas here are mainly for US folks and I don't want to export it. Thanks.
Just in case anyone else is interested, I just came across https://2ndhandhifi.co.uk which seems to deal in decent quality equipment. I haven't tried selling anything there yet but will give it a try.

Aug 20, 2023 at 1:06 PM Post #5 of 8
Just in case anyone else is interested, I just came across https://2ndhandhifi.co.uk which seems to deal in decent quality equipment. I haven't tried selling anything there yet but will give it a try.
I'd still suggest you make your first sales attempt in the classifieds here.

Head-Fi has plenty of UK-only or Europe-only listings, and -- amazingly -- doesn't take a percentage.

Ebay takes something like 10%. I don't know if Reddit does but its bots make you jump through so many hoops, with so many weird syntax requirements, that I couldn't make a listing go through.

That 2dhandhifico.uk site looks very legit, but they're a reseller so they're going to give you a lower offer.

Aug 22, 2023 at 5:01 AM Post #7 of 8
I haven't sold much stuff but I've had good experience both on the classifieds here and on ebay. Theres a decent amount of UK folk on the forum so I would make a post here anyways - I tend to sort by GBP when I look at the classifieds on here and others probably do the same too.

Aug 22, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #8 of 8
Thanks guys, that's helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back