Best Place to buy music online
Feb 18, 2002 at 10:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

wallstreet

100+ Head-Fier
I'm currently getting most of my music at BMG online. Their prices aren't are high, but they frequently have 70% off on all stuff ... their $3.00 shipping for every CD is high though, and their selection isn't huge and doesn't contain a lot of the lesser known stuff. So where do you guys like to get your CD's online from ... i don't care for brick and mortar stores much myself, their stuff is always to high.

Feb 18, 2002 at 10:55 PM Post #2 of 10
With a name like wallstreet, i'd figure you would know about www.jandr.com They have great prices on their cd selection.

You can also try www.discorama.com

They have very good prices.

Feb 19, 2002 at 1:50 AM Post #4 of 10
For harder to find stuff (read: imports), sometimes "going Canadian" is the best thing to do. HMV.com...damn, there was another one that I use all the time, can't find it now, had "online" in the URL. Should end in .ca...I'll edit or post again when I remember.

Feb 19, 2002 at 1:56 AM Post #5 of 10
I like BMG. They may not have the biggest selection of music, but when they do have something you want you can usually get it for around $8 shipped. They always have one of these "specials": buy one get 3 free, 70% off, 50% +free shipping, etc., but I've found that all of these promotions get you a CD for around 8 bucks shipped, which is usually better than the stores. Sometimes they have this buy one, get unlimited 80% off deal, and if you keep a list of CD's to get and go on a massive buying spree when this comes up, you can get them for less than 8 bucks each. I like how the new site calculates the average cost of each CD including shipping. The bad thing about bmg, other than the limited selection, is that your order may take a while to get to you (like 2 weeks).

Feb 19, 2002 at 4:43 AM Post #6 of 10
I'm wondering if the "Promotion Codes" are universal for all users. I've got the same code for serveral time. Although it is supposed to be valid only for one day, I found it working everytime I use it (not that I bought anything everytime tho). So maybe we can share the promotion codes we have received so everyone can take advantage of it!
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll start by offering:

B2P4 or B2PA -- Unlimited 50% Off & No Shipping
B2PF -- Double Music Points

Cheers,

Charlie

Feb 19, 2002 at 4:40 PM Post #8 of 10
for classical music, Tower Records www.towerrecords.com has always had a good selection and has great search engine capabilities.

Feb 19, 2002 at 8:01 PM Post #9 of 10
Amazon has always worked fine for me. You can also try Half.com if you're on a budget, and don't mind used stuff.

Feb 20, 2002 at 4:33 AM Post #10 of 10
I've been getting great music, often o.o.p., from Half.com.

I've also been getting hard-to-find jazz, funk, Brasilian, and more (also at good prices) from Dusty Groove:
http://www.dustygroove.com/

The folks at Dusty Groove offer fast, responsive service and are really challenging my cash flow lately...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back