Best Place to buy Denon D2000?
Mar 4, 2009 at 11:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

rjsbass

100+ Head-Fier
The cheapest site I've found is "PowerSellerNYC" which has really good reviews...but I'm worried that if the product fails, Denon won't replace it because PowerSellerNYC isn't an authorized dealer.

Should I worry about the headphone failing? If so, what would be my best option when purchasing these headphones? Do certain sites offer their own warranty on products (separate from the manufacturer's warranty)?

Thanks in advance

Mar 5, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #2 of 8
Well, remember that headphones are a peculiar piece of electronics...and because of body issues like sweat and so on, some retailers have a 'no return' policy.

I buy lots of gear at B&H in New York. Bought the 2000's there....listening to them right now.

Not always the ultra-cheapest...but they take returns on headphones. I've returned two sets of cans and they do it.

Just one thing to think about.

Mar 5, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #3 of 8
The best place is Moon Audio. That way, you can have the recable done before you even get the phones.
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Mar 5, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by HD_Dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, remember that headphones are a peculiar piece of electronics...and because of body issues like sweat and so on, some retailers have a 'no return' policy.

I buy lots of gear at B&H in New York. Bought the 2000's there....listening to them right now.

Not always the ultra-cheapest...but they take returns on headphones. I've returned two sets of cans and they do it.

Just one thing to think about.

Off Topic: HD dude, do you recommend the 2k over dt770? thats the route I'm taking

Mar 5, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by dave650 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Off Topic: HD dude, do you recommend the 2k over dt770? thats the route I'm taking

Yes....I LOVE strong bass...and the 770's had it in abundance.

But the mids and highs were harsh....kind of like fingernails on a chalkboard.

The 2000's have even better bass..fat and low, and with great hit. But the mids and highs are still sweet.

I have some reference songs, as I'm sure you do too. Can you listen to both without buying them?

Mar 5, 2009 at 4:22 AM Post #7 of 8
i think before it was possible to purchase it from buy.com for around $200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back