best place to buy cowon D2 - ship international
Jul 25, 2008 at 5:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

limathy

100+ Head-Fier
hi looking for a good place to buy a cowon D2 16gb
the ebay mark up is just too much for my liking.
accepting paypal is always a plus.

Jul 26, 2008 at 12:40 PM Post #4 of 11
i was looking on ebay australia... ooh didnt see this one.
insurance is 20dollars :S
works out to be $275, which isnt bad.
the seller is new, only has 2 feedback, has anyone bought from them before?

Jul 26, 2008 at 1:33 PM Post #5 of 11
Yeah, actually I didn't notice he only had 2 feedback, I'd be skeptical too, but anyway he seems to be selling quite a few items so if he racks up some good feedback over a week or two, he should be pretty trustworthy. Anyway, you're covered for $200 of that through PayPal if you use it to pay.

Jul 26, 2008 at 2:56 PM Post #6 of 11
may i ask why you sold off the D2?
i've not had the chance to take a look at the UI of it, which is my biggest concern, but its just getting too many good reviews to not consider.

Jul 26, 2008 at 2:57 PM Post #7 of 11
may i ask why you sold off the D2?
i've not had the chance to take a look at the UI of it, which is my biggest concern, but its just getting too many good reviews to not consider.

Jul 27, 2008 at 3:22 AM Post #8 of 11
Mainly because I was looking for more oomph on the bass side. The problem I found was I could boost the bass (through the EQ and a bass boost function), but only at a not so low frequency of 70Hz. Being a bass head that ended up being a bit of a deal breaker. Apparently though, you can buy impedance adapters which fix up the bass, and I probably should have this explored this but just got lazy.

Other than that, I really had few complaints. Really, I didn't find the UI a big deal, I mean sure I would have preferred tactile, and I didn't really like the top-side buttons as they were a bit too tiny/ungainly to use but on the whole once you get used to it, it's just as usable as any other interface. It is a kinda a good mix of both worlds - both touchscreen for quick fast forwarding/cleaner design and a few tactile buttons so you can either adjust volume or track forward/back from your pocket.

Oh and if you're really iffy about the UI, just check it out on youtube.

Jul 27, 2008 at 4:21 AM Post #9 of 11
cheers i'm pretty much sold on it now, except maybe all these rumours about a D3 :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back