Best place for inexpensive flexible cable (Re-cabling Denon D2000)
May 13, 2023 at 8:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

m0b1liz3

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I found a few old posts that suggested parts-express but I am currently living in NZ. Somewhere from Asia might be better. I looked at Penon but they just seem to have pre-made cables more designed for smaller IEMs. Any suggestions?

May 13, 2023 at 9:14 PM Post #2 of 7
Is AliExpress an option for you?

May 15, 2023 at 9:56 PM Post #5 of 7
Are you looking for a wire, or a cable?

Are you planning on breaking down the cable or rewiring it at all? If so be aware that aliexpress cables are usually glued at the solder points and it is a giant hassle to remove the hot glue. If you're just looking for a cheap flexible cable to use then there are plenty of good options there; they'll usually list the thickness.

May 15, 2023 at 10:22 PM Post #6 of 7
Are you looking for a wire, or a cable?

Are you planning on breaking down the cable or rewiring it at all? If so be aware that aliexpress cables are usually glued at the solder points and it is a giant hassle to remove the hot glue. If you're just looking for a cheap flexible cable to use then there are plenty of good options there; they'll usually list the thickness.
Will build from scratch.

This place is in NZ and sells Mogami https://www.rubbermonkey.co.nz

No idea if it is reputable.
Thanks. I might buy that actually. I can't seem to find anywhere that has something to reinforce the y-split. A local computer store sells cable pants but they only come in packs of 4 for $36! I might end up ordering the mogami cable locally and the y splitter from Aliexpress (and wait forever for it to arrive).

May 16, 2023 at 12:36 AM Post #7 of 7
I understand the desire to do a DIY but having bought parts and wire etc and made several cables I would be inclined to buy whatever cable you like the look and feel of whatever headphone it happens to be and cut the cup ends off and connect them into the Denon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back