Best phone to listen to music?
Oct 6, 2012 at 2:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Empire1

100+ Head-Fier
Oops. I just dropped my iPod Touch while cleaning it yesterday, shattering the screen. With all the glass bits falling off, I was surprised to see it still functioning.

I've always listened to my music through the iTouch but now with all the spidery cracks and chards falling, I need something new.

I guess many have regarded Apple as a fairly good choice for mobile phone audio sources. However, I'm also looking at a lot of other phones such as the Galaxy S3.

Any info on if other smartphones will be inferior to the iPhone source wise?

I have no plans on buying an amp, unfortunately.

Oct 6, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #6 of 12
it's hard to beat apples audio components in terms of phones. i think there are a few androids that use better stuff. the s3 uses a wolfson dac. i'd be more concerned about noise floor. 

Oct 6, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:
it's hard to beat apples audio components in terms of phones. i think there are a few androids that use better stuff. the s3 uses a wolfson dac. i'd be more concerned about noise floor. 

Only the international version the NA version doesn't.  If you do get the international one though if you root your phone you can install vodoo audio and get the most out of the phones dac/amp supposedly can power 300ohm headphones well.

Oct 6, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #9 of 12

Dang it! Was seriously considering the S3 but now I have to reconsider :p

Interestingly though, if you search up "iPhone 5 Galaxy S3 Drop Test" from the channel AndroidAuthority, the iPhone fares way better in the drop test. It's near indestructible... Pretty good for head jamming session accidents. :p

Oct 7, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:
Dang it! Was seriously considering the S3 but now I have to reconsider :p
Interestingly though, if you search up "iPhone 5 Galaxy S3 Drop Test" from the channel AndroidAuthority, the iPhone fares way better in the drop test. It's near indestructible... Pretty good for head jamming session accidents.
tongue.gif

why don't you go to your mobile phone provider and demo some of the headphone outs on the phones?

Oct 25, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #12 of 12
My bad guys for the wrong forum.

Anyway I decided to get the iPhone 5 based on reviews from several sites. I prefer the Apple's sound card over the Wolfson offered by the S3. And Apple's iTunes is unmatched by anything offered by Android.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back