Best phone for listening to music?
Jul 10, 2011 at 6:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Esai

New Head-Fier
I have seen a lot of threads on this forum and a lot of people are asking this on the internet. What is The best phone for listening to music?
As long as I have lived the best I have heard is Nokia 5800XM and iPhone 4. The worst? My current phone: Nokia E63...
Anyway.. What is your opinion on the matter?

Jul 11, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #5 of 14
Actually I meant how big is the range of the equalizer and in how many steps can you select your custom EQ...
I also heard HTC Desire HD today and it sounds great too.. Just a little quiet but that is not a problem as I also had my E11 with me :)
I am actually thinking about buying a new smartphone and I want it to serve as music player also..

Jul 11, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #7 of 14

Quote:
Actually I meant how big is the range of the equalizer and in how many steps can you select your custom EQ...
I also heard HTC Desire HD today and it sounds great too.. Just a little quiet but that is not a problem as I also had my E11 with me :)
I am actually thinking about buying a new smartphone and I want it to serve as music player also..

Power Amp pretty much juices up the sound, BIG TIME
beerchug.gif
, it's FANTASTIC
L3000.gif
, my HTC powers my JH16's with no problems, I can't put the volume full blast, ears start to bleed, clear crisp and wonderful, and that's with no external AMP, once I add my D6 or D10, OH man
beyersmile.png

Jul 11, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #8 of 14
I have an iphone 4 with EQu installed, and it's great.   (I'm not a mac head or a big fan of apple, but I have an unlimited data plan and a lot of apps I want to keep)  32GB on the iphone is a lot of room for music.  Plus I love the look and feel of the phone.  With a LOD and an amp it sounds really really good.

Jul 12, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #9 of 14
i have my nokia N8 playing with either TTPod or FolderPlay. FolderPlays is simple play by file/folder/directory with no effects nor eq whatsoever but it does FLAC/APE/WAV + the rest of the normal lossy stuff. 

TTPod on the other hand only does WAV as lossless & normal MP3/AAC/MP4 but has amazing skins with great spec effects including a buncha room/hall enhancements besides sound fade, stereo widening, bass boost & loudness. best of all it has a very good 8band eq with a number of adjustable presets & 2 fully custom eqs. it also has the ability to download songs, covers. music charts and realtime lyrics. its crazy good & better than anything i could install on my now ex touch 3g so long as one doesnt need FLAC.

all in all, its as good as a sony s6x6 dap 'cept much better looking - heck TTPod even has sony skins. before i got the N8, my sansa fuze went south on me & i was looking to replace it with an equivalent clip+ but the N8 saved me some money esp with its built-in 16gb. just got myself a 32gb microSD lastweek so i do believe im golden.

+1 for the Nokia.

Jul 12, 2011 at 5:44 PM Post #10 of 14
I told that I have a plan to buy a new phone so I went to the shop and asked for Samsung Galaxy S II... They actually let me listen to it and it sounded just... Superb... So far THE best phone I have Ever heard... Even with the stock settings :)

Jul 14, 2011 at 3:39 AM Post #11 of 14
iPhone is quite good. Try out any of the Galaxy S phones(including Nexus S) with VooDoo sound as well. Great stuff

Jul 18, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #13 of 14

Quote:
I told that I have a plan to buy a new phone so I went to the shop and asked for Samsung Galaxy S II... They actually let me listen to it and it sounded just... Superb... So far THE best phone I have Ever heard... Even with the stock settings :)

The Galaxy S II absolutely kicks ass. That thing could be an iPhone killer. Fantastic on the audio quality front, and on pretty much every other front. That dual core processor makes me drool. Too bad it's made by Samsung
frown.gif
, they have pretty bad software support.

Jul 18, 2011 at 1:20 AM Post #14 of 14
i have the htc incredible and when i go back to back with my computer and my sansa fuze, it sounds like total sh1t.

Mind you i have sensitive ears, but its soo noticeable that i dont listen to my phone anymore and i carry around my Fuze with me.

I am almost an andoid fanboy but i am considering the iphone 5 whenever it comes out, for my portable player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back