Best PCIe Sound card for under $100?
Feb 19, 2011 at 6:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

SeanTM22

New Head-Fier
Pretty new to the whole Hi-Fi audio scene, but I know the next step is to get a better sound card rather than using the onboard on my P5N-D mobo.  It needs to be a PCIe x1 card.  Ive found the Asus Xonar DX which will be $80.  Any other cards to consider?  Im going to be using a Ultrasone HFI-580.

Thanks

Feb 19, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #2 of 12
You might want to change the thread title to "Best PCIe Sound card for under $100?" since this limits your choices considerably. Also please consider which output you want: stereo analog, multi-channel analog, SPDIF (coax or optical), or maybe I2S.

Feb 19, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #4 of 12

Why not save up and buy better speakers instead?
Quote:
Multi channel analog I beileve.  I have the Logitech x530's which  need to be able to be used in the setup

Feb 19, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #5 of 12
I dont really care about the speakers, but i want something to use primarily for headphones.  But speakers are necessary for when multiple people are present, i dont care about quality with the speakers

Feb 20, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #6 of 12
What headphones do you use?

Quote:
I dont really care about the speakers, but i want something to use primarily for headphones.  But speakers are necessary for when multiple people are present, i dont care about quality with the speakers

Feb 20, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #10 of 12
AN external DAC which is basically a external soundcard. I'm pretty sure nothing is wrong with both, but the DAC will bypass the soundcard.

Quote:
In addition to a sound card? Or just the external component?  Would having both benefit anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back