Best PCDP with CD-R support?
Aug 8, 2003 at 11:05 PM Post #2 of 10
Hiya

To the best of my knowledge pretty much ALL PCDPs will play CDRs (even my 'original' D5 from 1984 plays 99 minute CDs with no problem) okay, but CDRWs... they're a different story, where only the very newest players will work with them..

Aug 8, 2003 at 11:41 PM Post #3 of 10
I've owned dozens of PCDP's, as well as 8 or 10 full sized players, including an old 1st or 2nd gen component size CD player, and have never had one refuse to read a CDR. Only the very newest models will play CD-RW.

-Keith

Aug 9, 2003 at 1:34 AM Post #4 of 10
Wow, I feel stupid
confused.gif

This was just cause I tried a CDR on a Kenwood DPC 521 and it didn't seem to work, but I honestly cant remember if that was before I replaced the batteries or not
rolleyes.gif

Aug 9, 2003 at 3:06 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by Bionic Gecko
Wow, I feel stupid
confused.gif

This was just cause I tried a CDR on a Kenwood DPC 521 and it didn't seem to work, but I honestly cant remember if that was before I replaced the batteries or not
rolleyes.gif

Your Kenwood didn't read the CD-R you've tried on the CDP, either because you didn't close the disc when you burned your copy or you've used packet-writing software in recording onto the disc (well, Nero won't even let you use write-once media with their InCD packet writing software; you'll have to use rewritable CD-RW media if you're gonna use InCD). Music CDPs can only read discs that have been written and closed all in one session.

Aug 9, 2003 at 7:55 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Your Kenwood didn't read the CD-R you've tried on the CDP, either because you didn't close the disc when you burned your copy or you've used packet-writing software in recording onto the disc (well, Nero won't even let you use write-once media with their InCD packet writing software; you'll have to use rewritable CD-RW media if you're gonna use InCD). Music CDPs can only read discs that have been written and closed all in one session.

hi Bionic Gecko, if the above didn't work out... try using other high quality CD-R... i've the same issue with certain CD-R... but when i bought a better CD-R, the problem solved...

wink.gif

Aug 9, 2003 at 5:34 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by [so]hai®
hi Bionic Gecko, if the above didn't work out... try using other high quality CD-R... i've the same issue with certain CD-R... but when i bought a better CD-R, the problem solved...

wink.gif

I've had problems with generic cd-r's and compusa cd-r's, but my TDK's or Memorex always comes out fine.

Aug 9, 2003 at 8:39 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by Eagle_Driver

Well Im not stupid with CD burning, just audio equipment
rolleyes.gif

Turns out I tried the CD-R when the CDP wasnt getting power, works fine now. God me am dumb, oh well.

Aug 10, 2003 at 4:34 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by Silver
My Panasonic DVD player DOES refuse to read CDRs... It is probably one of the rare cases. :p

Actually not so rare. A lot of the earlier DVD players (and maybe still some more recent ones) couldn't play CDR's, although they usually played store-bought CD's just fine, and most could also play CD-RW's. I've got a Toshiba DVD player that is 3-4 years old that will play CD's and CD-RW's, but not CDR's. A newer DVD player that was purchased last winter plays all of the above, as well as CD's with MP3's on them.

-Keith

Users who are viewing this thread

Back