Best PCDP line out w/ skip protection?
Feb 5, 2003 at 12:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bdb55

100+ Head-Fier
I like my D-25S for stationary use, but it skips in a car/train/plane/etc. I'd like a player that has some skip protection, but still has a really good line out, preferably even better than the D-25. I've heard that the D-EJ1000 line out is equal to the D-25. Is there anything better? D777? E905? I know there are a lot of good players out there that meet this criteria, but what's the best? I don't care about size too much, 'cause it'll be used with my META42.

Thanks!

Feb 5, 2003 at 9:11 PM Post #2 of 4
I have a Meta, and just picked up a D-777 (ebay). To tell you the truth, I have been leaving my meta at home due to the awesome headphone out of the D-777. Pretty much the 3 pcdp's we always talk about here are the only ones to get. Just don't be disappointed when you don't get a huge step up in sound quality, cause these 3 players are so darn good, the $200 Meta (or whatever you paid) won't be so much fun.

Feb 6, 2003 at 3:53 AM Post #3 of 4
The Panasonic CT-570 has a pretty good line out, but the best think is its 10 second non-compressing anti-skip. It'll take a pretty good jolt without skipping.

I agree that it is hard to improve much on the head out of the classic Sonys even using a good amp.

Feb 6, 2003 at 6:04 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by Andrew Pielet
I have a Meta, and just picked up a D-777 (ebay). To tell you the truth, I have been leaving my meta at home due to the awesome headphone out of the D-777. Pretty much the 3 pcdp's we always talk about here are the only ones to get. Just don't be disappointed when you don't get a huge step up in sound quality, cause these 3 players are so darn good, the $200 Meta (or whatever you paid) won't be so much fun.

i can hear a big improvement using d777->cha47->mdr 6, or grado sr125 over the headphone out of the d777. although the d777->v6 w/o an amp is simply amazing too. anyone with a sony v6 and a d777 must try them from the headphone out, you will be blown away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back