Best PC Media software for music
Feb 17, 2018 at 7:16 PM Post #2 of 38
I like Foobar2000 (with WASAPI installed)

Feb 21, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #5 of 38
I liked JRiver before I moved to Roon. Roon is $$$ and the setup is more complicated b/c you have to have a server, but I wouldn't give it up for anything...it's simply awesome.

Feb 21, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #6 of 38
I'm using Foobar200 but does anyone know how to get the crossfade settings to work so one song leads into another with no silence between tracks I've tried every setting I can think of and it only works when I stop a track manually.

Feb 21, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #7 of 38
I'm using Foobar200 but does anyone know how to get the crossfade settings to work so one song leads into another with no silence between tracks I've tried every setting I can think of and it only works when I stop a track manually.

File - Preferences - DSP Manager - add Skip Silence and Crossfader to active DSPs. You can make adjustments using the button above the active DSP list to configure each plug-in.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018 at 11:49 PM Post #8 of 38
Foobar2000 is powerful. If you want album art and bios consider controlling it with Muso for a small fee.

I use MusicBee most often. It's a fairly full-featured yet free app that plays local and server music, internet radio, podcasts, and more. Displays album art, bios, and more.

Some people use nothing but VLC for all their music and video.

Feb 22, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #9 of 38
File - Preferences - DSP Manager - add Skip Silence and Crossfader to active DSPs. You can make adjustments using the button above the active DSP list to configure each plug-in.

I know how to get to it and all that I just can't seem to get the settings right where I want them. I want there to be no silence in between tracks at all.

Feb 22, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #10 of 38
Foobar2000 is powerful. If you want album art and bios consider controlling it with Muso for a small fee.

I use MusicBee most often. It's a fairly full-featured yet free app that plays local and server music, internet radio, podcasts, and more. Displays album art, bios, and more.

Some people use nothing but VLC for all their music and video.

I have MusicBee and VLC but I only use VLC for video, For now I'm going to stick with Foobar as I think it has the best sound quality.

Feb 22, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #11 of 38
I have MusicBee and VLC but I only use VLC for video, For now I'm going to stick with Foobar as I think it has the best sound quality.

Agreed! It takes some time to master all the fooey components and preferences, but it's worth the effort.

Mar 6, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #12 of 38
I use Winamp V5.5 - some prefer v2.95 because of the lower footprint.

Foobar is a good choice. I use winamp because it supports Internet radio streaming right out of the box...er, usb drive..whatever.

Mar 6, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #14 of 38
go mac you never go back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back