Best passive noise isolating on ear/supraural closed back headphones under $50?
Dec 3, 2018 at 2:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Tmansdc1

New Head-Fier
Hi I'm looking for a pair of on ear closed headphones for walking/running. I'll be using these outside and at the gym on a treadmill.

The reason I want on ear and not in ear is because the insides of my ears are super sensitive. I can't stand the feeling of earbuds and iems. Also over ear would be too heavy and bulky to wear and sweat could get inside the cups.

I've had a few on ear. All cheap. The mdr-zx300, mee audio ht-21 (which isolated the best but aren't made anymore), and the jvc flats which I hated the way they felt on my ears. I don't care too much about sq with these. I just want mainly comfort, lightness, and noise isolation.

I've been looking at the edifier h650 which look remarkably close to the ht-21 but I'm not sure.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Dec 3, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #2 of 4
I allow you to call me names for suggesting something 3 times your budget but if you are looking for something that will stay on your head, can be used when it rains (and probably in the shower), isolates extremely well, can take a lot of abuse, and on top of this, sounds great for the price and can be driven by any phone, the Sennheiser HD-25 (preferably the one with split headband) is absolutely perfect.
Sure, you can probably find cheaper, but the HD-25 could be the last one you ever buy for that kind of purpose and maybe more.

Dec 4, 2018 at 12:27 AM Post #3 of 4
I did see that and something like that I'd want to take care of. I can afford it but I want something under 50 because I won't care if I break that or if it sounds as iffy as or even worse than the zx300. Mainly isolation, comfort, and lightness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back