Best passive noise isolating closed back on ear and over ear headphones under $50?
May 20, 2019 at 10:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Tmansdc1

New Head-Fier
Hello. My current need of a headphone is one of noise isolation. I travel via airplane a few times a year and run on the treadmill at least an hour a time five days a week. Also semi frequent walks.

I'd like a headphone that can isolate as best as possible for these situations. Preferably closed supraaural for cardio and circumaural closed for airplane. Reason for the difference is because I know full size would isolate better but my ears would get warmer and sweat worse then on ear.

So I'd like to know what headphones isolate the best for on ear and over ear closed back. My budget is fifty dollars preferably with each. Isolation, comfort, and easy to drive with mobile devices are the only three priorities I have (sound quality for these situations doesn't bother me too much as long as its ok).

I also say on ear and over ear headphones because I do not like earbuds or iem's at all. I hate the feeling of something in my ears. Just wearing earplugs for an hour when I mow or do loud work drives me nuts so no iem recommendations please.

What would be the best choices? Thank you very much.

Last edited:
May 24, 2019 at 6:35 AM Post #3 of 4
I like the M30X for the over-ear in this general price range. They isolate pretty well and sound decent. I don't have an on-ear recommendation for you in this price range--sorry.

May 24, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #4 of 4
Check out rtings they reviewed headphones there objectively with tests so they can be compared easily and you can have them ranked by that I think too. It will be a good start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back