best parts too use for a cmoy amp
Feb 1, 2005 at 3:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Cmoyamphelp

Head-Fier
okay i am building yet another one and my local electronics store is realy good about giving me good deals on stuff and i am asking what parts whould you use to make the best sounding cmoy amp (minus the OPA amp) and dose some one wanna also but the ammount of each part I know i need in total 11 resistores assorted but you ultamted amp might need more and if anyone wants me too pick up stuff let me know i will only charge you the cost of the parts,

My local electronic stores product page if you see the maker i can get it
http://www.interior.bc.ca/index.php?PAGE=linecard

Feb 1, 2005 at 5:11 AM Post #2 of 5
As far as "ultimate parts," I'm going to assume you're following the standard Tangent design. Just make sure to get 1% metal film resistors. I head the Vishay brand is pretty good, but even Radio Shack ones are fine. You probably shouldn't spend more than $4 for all the resistors in the project.

Also make sure you get electrolytic radial lead capacitors for the power caps. Brand is up to you. Above $10 for these two caps is wasteful. Actually, in my opinion over $5 is wasteful, but if you want ultimate...

The IC socket is supposed to be gold socketed, but at Radio Shack you can get two for $.69. I hear literally no difference, but if you want ultimate, fork over $1 or so for the gold socket.

The input capacitors, should you decide to use them, should be at least .22uF (not .1uF as suggested in the guide) metal film capacitors. However, if you're after "ultimate" sound quality and are only using battery power, don't even use these caps, as they can only harm sound quality.

Anyone know what to tell him about hookup wire? I just use Radio Shack's 22 guage stranded copper for everything and it seems to work fine. Guess I stand to benefit from this question too.

Feb 1, 2005 at 5:26 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyloch
Foes the ad8620 have the same pinout as the OPA2132PA? In other words, do you have to modify the circuit to use it?

You have to use an adapter because the ad8620 does not come in an 8-dip package, but 8-SOIC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back