best pads for the sr325's?
Aug 12, 2007 at 5:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

unseen

100+ Head-Fier
I just got a great deal on a pair of 325's. I'm to understand that the 325 doesn't have that great of a reputation in the Grado world but for the price I got it for I believe it's well worth it.

Was just curious which pads people generally think works best. I'm also curious which stock pads they come with as the particular pair I'm getting aren't coming with any pads at all. I currently only have comfies and hd414s. I'm willing to pick up something else seperately though.

Aug 12, 2007 at 6:11 PM Post #3 of 7
Yeah, I saw that sale a little too late, just like everyone. :) Good deal!

My recently-bought 325s came with bowls and comfies, and I have the Sennheiser 414 pads, too, but of all of those, I definitely prefer the bowls. In fact, I just checked it all out yesterday, and did the quarter-mod on my comfies, too, yesterday, but that still didn't get them anywhere near the bowls, which have a lot more detail than the others and are overall a lot more transparent, I think.

Aug 12, 2007 at 6:32 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by unseen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where's the cheapest retail on a pair of bowls?

Or perhaps I can trade a set of unopened 414's and a few bucks for a set on here.

TTVJ I guess.

Aug 12, 2007 at 7:11 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Where's the cheapest retail on a pair of bowls?

Or perhaps I can trade a set of unopened 414's and a few bucks for a set on here.

TTVJ.com and you get a $10 discount for being a first time buyer.

Aug 13, 2007 at 2:12 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Was just curious which pads people generally think works best. I'm also curious which stock pads they come with as the particular pair I'm getting aren't coming with any pads at all..

Actually oldschool (over 7-8 years old) 325s had flat pads.After '99 or so they come with bowl pads.In short:Bowl pads will give brighter sound/less bass/bigger soundstage.Flat pads give thicker sound with more bass,warmer and more "in yo face".Some people prefer bowls,others prefer flats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back