Best over the ear closed headphones for $25?
Jun 16, 2023 at 7:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

GlowWorm

Headphoneus Supremus
I was wondering if you guys could recommend what you think are the best over the ear closed headphones in the $25 range? The 3 on my short list are the Sennheiser HD 206, Monoprice Modern Retro, and the Koss UR 20, but I'm open to other options. Thanks in advance

Jun 16, 2023 at 7:48 PM Post #2 of 6
I've not heard the ones you mentioned. In that price range, I would try to find a used Porta Pro.

IEMs will give you more bang for the buck.

Edit: Missed closed.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2023 at 12:13 AM Post #5 of 6
If you try ebay, liquidators have the Hyper Cloud Stinger Core open box in that price range. I turned off Windows sound enhancements and didn't install the software and was really impressed with the sound quality. The mic flips up and auto mutes, great battery life, but the sound was so good it's what I'd get if the budget was $25 before anything else. Good range on it too, covered a 2 story place with no dropouts anywhere. Just make sure it includes the transmitter.

Jun 17, 2023 at 5:08 PM Post #6 of 6
Well, I guess there isn't much interest in a $25 set of cans around here, lol. Anyway, I got the HD 206 today, and my first impressions are pretty good. They kind of remind me of the HD 600's I had back in the day, only there's a lot less of everything. Similiar neutral presentation, but with with a little muddiness mixed in. Vocals sound further away in the mix, but nothing a EQ couldn't fix. Still, outstanding sound quality for the price. I just have them plugged into my laptop, but I'm probably going to get a cheap tube amp for a little more volume and dynamics.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back