Best Over ear headphones under $100?
Aug 30, 2012 at 8:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

slaner96

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone, long time reader first time post.

I have been looking at the Audio Technica ATH-M50s, but I only have about $90 at the moment and it will most likely be awhile before I can acquire more cash. So being the impatient person that I am I've decided just to go for a cheaper pair of headphones. I've only listened to Apple's Stock earphones and $20 earphones so I don't think I want to make too big of a jump in quality.
I listen to mainly hip-hop and rock or metal every now and again. I like bass, but I wouldn't necessarily call myself a basshead.
I'd prefer over the ear headphones than in the ear. I'm sorta a noob so don't get too much into detail with the frequency and such.

Thanks!

Aug 30, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #2 of 8
Hello! 
Ultrasone HFI-450 comes to mind. Not much reviews but it was my first headphone from ultrasone, it had enough bass and speed for fast paced music. 

Aug 30, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #4 of 8
I recommend the HFI-580 over the M50's..can be found for $120 in amazon.

The M50's are on the bassy side, with recessed mids. 

Apr 25, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #6 of 8
[size=10pt]I'm in a similar situation.  I'm looking for a pair of over the ears for under $100 w/ good noise isolation, comfortable and suitable for rock music.  I don't have a test song but I listen to mostly modern hard rock, some house & dubstep, and some alternative.  The only two pairs I've looked at are the Sony MDR-XB600's and the Kensington 33084.  My dad has a pair of the Kensington's and he travels and really likes them.  I remember borrowing a pair from him about 4 years ago but I accidentally broke them so I had to get him a replacement pair.  Anyway,  I've mostly owned in-ear's with one exception.  About 2 years ago I owned a pair of Sony MDR-XB300's which broke after maybe 6 months or so (but it was my fault because I just put them in my backpack and never had a case or any kind of protection for them).  These headphones would only be used for casual use for studying or in the house.  I use my pair of Klipsch Image II S4's for exercise of any kind.[/size]

[size=10pt]Anyway, fire away with your suggestions! [/size]

Apr 25, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #8 of 8
Grado SR60's or SR80's

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back