Best over-ear headphones for under $250
Oct 7, 2012 at 9:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

peterkim020993

New Head-Fier
Hi, I am just looking for headphones that are under $250 with a detachable cable with a neutral response and with a pretty big soundstage and clear bass. I'll mostly be using these headphones for music and movies. I listen to a lot of hip hop/rap, electronic, pop and a little bit of rock. Thank you

Oct 7, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #5 of 9
The 598 is easily my pick in the price range. Yes, I think they're that nice. 

Never bothered to worry about burn in as they sounded great right out of the box. 

As for amping...They sound great even plugged into an iPhone. They aren't that hard to drive. I liked them the most with a Cavalli CTH. Gave 'em in a nice kick in the pants as far as bass goes. Couldn't have asked for more from them.

Lastly...I had no issues with durability while I had them. They're not the most substantial cans ever, but that's one reason they're comfortable. Just baby your stuff like most of us around here and you'll be fine.

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #7 of 9
I'd honestly think about looking for a used pair on Head-fi. I bought one pair used from a fellow Head-fier and had no issues. Got mine for $170. 

Unfortunately Sennheiser has been pretty strict about enforcing MAP lately.

Quote:
Alright thank you. I will definitely be giving them a shot. Do u know any site where they sell them for under $250? because amazon only has them for $249.95

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #9 of 9
Razordogdeals has the HD598s, and while they're the same price as on Amazon, many report good things when you call in or just ask them for a lower deal for stuff like the HD600s and HD650s. Don't see why they wouldn't do the same for the HD598s. Best you get them soon, as mentioned before, Sennheiser's cracking down on MAP as of lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back