Best Over-Ear headphones for competitive gaming, Xbox One/360/PS3?
Dec 1, 2013 at 2:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Madvillainy

New Head-Fier
I am looking for something that will cancel out noise so I can't hear anything but the game;but I don't care if my headphones leak sound as much. I also want to have a 3d experience and be able to hear people coming up behind me.
After looking through threads from the past it appears that the Mixamp Pro 2013 from Astro with Ad700x would be a good idea. However, I'm a bit confused with all the different models for the a700 ad700 ad700x etc. Others have recommended Sennheiser PC350s. I know nothing about this so please help me out.

Dec 1, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #2 of 3
  I am looking for something that will cancel out noise so I can't hear anything but the game;but I don't care if my headphones leak sound as much. I also want to have a 3d experience and be able to hear people coming up behind me.
After looking through threads from the past it appears that the Mixamp Pro 2013 from Astro with Ad700x would be a good idea. However, I'm a bit confused with all the different models for the a700 ad700 ad700x etc. Others have recommended Sennheiser PC350s. I know nothing about this so please help me out.

The ATH-AD700s are consider really good headphones for FPS gaming, but their light bass is a turn off for music and movies.
ATH-AD700X should be about the same.
The closed ATH-A700 does not really seem to be recomended a lot by their owners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back