Best or Top Rated Metallica Live
Jun 3, 2009 at 6:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Shizdan

1000+ Head-Fier
What should I check out for the best or top rated Metallica Live performances?

Jun 6, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #4 of 13
I second what mellows posted on S&M.

Oh and yea, you may want to do a search on youtube and see if you like them before buying
regular_smile .gif

Jun 25, 2009 at 4:11 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by mellows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't look further than S&M.

More like don't bother with S&M. Terrible setlist, bad arrangement, no Fade to Black, really poor vocals from James. Live crap : Binge and Purge is the one to get, it shows clearly what the band can do at its prime.

Jun 25, 2009 at 6:55 AM Post #7 of 13
S & M is excellent and Cunning Stunts on DVD is excellent as well. I'd love it on CD/vinyl.

Jun 25, 2009 at 8:09 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
More like don't bother with S&M. Terrible setlist, bad arrangement, no Fade to Black, really poor vocals from James. Live crap : Binge and Purge is the one to get, it shows clearly what the band can do at its prime.

Wasnt that the live album where they butchered the Master Of Puppets song though?

Jun 26, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #9 of 13
There was a very long period where they wouldn't play MoP in its entirity. I saw them live in... '98(?), and they opened with Puppets, got everyone amped, and then stopped half way through. What?

Binge & Purge is still vastly superior to S&M. No Cliff though
frown.gif
. But I like Jason too.

(on a side note... What is with them cutting Cliff and Jason out of all the photos on the new guitar hero. Weak. Those guys helped build the legacy that they sit and leech from now).

Jun 26, 2009 at 10:55 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by PWilson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There was a very long period where they wouldn't play MoP in its entirity. I saw them live in... '98(?), and they opened with Puppets, got everyone amped, and then stopped half way through. What?

Binge & Purge is still vastly superior to S&M. No Cliff though
frown.gif
. But I like Jason too.

(on a side note... What is with them cutting Cliff and Jason out of all the photos on the new guitar hero. Weak. Those guys helped build the legacy that they sit and leech from now).

I'm pretty sure I was at that show. Sydney goer?

Jul 5, 2009 at 12:45 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wasnt that the live album where they butchered the Master Of Puppets song though?

They do on the San Diego set. They do the full song on the Seattle set however. Can't remember on the cds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back