Best option for me now (<£20)?
Jan 17, 2016 at 2:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ItsDoomsday

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I currently have some Xiaomi Piston 2's that I love, however I find them somewhat uncomfortable and they fall out of my ears. They are used for commute and when I want to listen to music fairly discretely. 

I want to spend no more than £20, and my music taste is EDM (I know that the Piston 2's can get bassy, but I rarely hear it due to the poor fit). 

What do you think my best option is?

1 - Foam eartips, either Comply or In-Airs
2 - New earbud, e.g. KZ ED9 or Xiaomi Hybrid? 
3 - Other? 

My other audio equipment is much better - AKG Y50 which I use a lot, and Fidelio X2 (although I'm not expecting anything to sound as good as these!), although like I stated, I want something cheap for when I don't want to take out the Y50's, but with the same level of booming bass.

Cheers!

Jan 18, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #3 of 5
Perhaps you could get other tips for the Pistons. The foam tips don't last so long though, and over time the cost adds up!

The Soundmagic ES18 is quite good for the price. The new Mee RX18 is quite cheap and has gotten great reviews. I haven't heard it.

Jan 19, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #5 of 5
I recently picked up some Mee M6's (about 16 pounds on Amazon) and I think they're pretty great for the price.  They are a bit bass-heavy for me but that makes them good for EDM.  They also have had no problem coming out of my ears, and come with tons of eartips so you should be able to find some that fit.

Edit:  Not M6 Pro's, Sport-Fi M6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back