Best/Optimal pc-setup/hardware for music? Noob question.
Oct 21, 2014 at 1:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

isaac r

New Head-Fier
Hi. Just wondering. I have read 100´s of threads here and on pc computer audio in general.
But still I wonder what an optimal setup is, for playing any kind of music-file whether it be streaming, FLAC, Mp3, other Lossless etc.
The pc is the main hardware im gonna use.
What is essential, what is overkill, what is cheap to upgrade etc? It´s atm Pc(Flac mostly and sometimes stream and mp3) - Dac(sometimes) - Surround Receiver 300£ (playing in stereo), Floorspeakers around 100£ each and a beyerdynamic DT-880 Pro 250 Ohm Headphone.
Im using Windows 7  Foobar2000 with Asio4all or Wasapi, and standard powersupply.  The dac, that I really dont use anymore, is a cheap analog Dac that Im looking to upgrade to a full digital. Receiver is surround, upgrading  to a integrated amp.

So say I have 1000£/1500$ to spend how is the money best spend in terms of percentages? Asynchronous Dac, good Int. Amp or tube amp, External Powersupply and Usb Harddrive, quality optical or Usb cables?
What about the Pc Hardware/Software and powersupply and Harddrive? Please advice me what to buy and where the money is best spent. Thanx.

Oct 21, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #2 of 2
Audio-GD NFB-11 external DAC/amp, $370+shipping.
Comes with a headphone output and a separate line-output for the receiver.
http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB112014/NFB112014EN.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back