Best op-amp for a DAC output
Feb 26, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #16 of 23
Try Muses op-amps. Honestly outclasses all the others. Totally neutral sound, but very dynamic, vivid, big, natural, etc. Asus E1 going from "meh" to "amazeballs" with just the change to Muses O1 opamps.

Feb 29, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #17 of 23
yes muses is great ... very dynamic and analoge soundstag ... muses 01 and muses 8920 is a jfet . I think for after dac input impedance very important and I recommend bypass rail power PSU for near chip with film capacitor without ceramic cap ... mundorf silveroil is very good . don't forget break in time for 300 hurs ... mundorf much help for more dynamics ... I think the value of 1µf or 0.47µf is enough and does not need to be smaller.

May 15, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #22 of 23
Hi

Excellent Just do not forget burn-in time for 200 hours ... lme 49860 Amazing sound after 200 hours ...
I've never heard Burson's voice. Due to the use of film capacitors you have a good voice.
Please share your opinion about  burson opamp .

thanks . afshin

قربان شما ممنون ... شما ؟

May 19, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #23 of 23
  Hi

Excellent Just do not forget burn-in time for 200 hours ... lme 49860 Amazing sound after 200 hours ...
I've never heard Burson's voice. Due to the use of film capacitors you have a good voice.
Please share your opinion about  burson opamp .

thanks . afshin

قربان شما ممنون ... شما ؟

Something really awesome happened.
so I ordered 4 of these @ $15 (LME 49860 ):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/150724186632?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
and 4 of these @ $150 (Burson V5i):
http://www.bursonaudio.com/products/supreme-sound-opamp-v5i/
to replace the OPA1612 in this DAC.
well the Burson is gonna take 10 days to get here but the TI chips just arrived 25 miutes ago and I installed them right away with the interntion to leave them playing for a good 100 hours before critical listening. Awesome thing is from the first note it is sounding so much better. not just in microdynamics but just the noise floor and distortion. sound is so much cleaner. it was so muffled before. it's quite an experience. i dint know why in the hell they would use them in the first place. this is crazy. anyway now i can actually say i love this component. mind you i have not heard the Gustard. chances are its as good or even better. honestly this DAC is more expensive just because of its ridiculously overbuilt Chassis and just how heavy it is.  that's what I suspect. anyway the sound is top notch now. from DA003 direct to my single ended triode KT88 integrated @ 15 watts. 

ما چاکر آقا هستیم. غلام ادبت حاجی :دی

Users who are viewing this thread

Back