Best online vendor for supplements?
May 12, 2005 at 4:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

lewdog

100+ Head-Fier
Trying to find the best honest deal out there is impossible... I'm looking specifically to find the best place to buy glutamine and whey protein powder. Anybody have ideas about the best/cheapest/most reputable places out there for such things? Thanks.

May 12, 2005 at 2:22 PM Post #3 of 44
Don't know about cheapest, but Netrition has always been fairly quick and reliable for me.

May 12, 2005 at 2:25 PM Post #4 of 44
I order from Protein Factory because they have low prices and they sell high quality protein that you can customize yourself to your requirements. You can design a mix that has more than 90% high-quality protein (crossflow microfiltered instead of cheap concentrate) and no sugar, unlike a lot of the commercial stuff which is typically only about 80% protein and costs a lot more.

You need to have a large existing 5 lb jar into which to transfer the stuff since it gets shipped in wholesale-style bags.

May 12, 2005 at 7:00 PM Post #6 of 44
Bodybuilding.com is a realiable supplier. Cheap, fast, and good customer service.

However, for protein I love trueprotein.com. Their products are tip-top when it comes to quality. You can customize your stuff any way you want it, but the Team Skip formula will work wonders for most people. Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey isn't bad, but the Team Skip kicks the crap out of it if you're a serious lifter.

1-800-Supplements is a solid vendor and I've also heard good things about Bulk Nutrition although I've never ordered from the latter before.

Stay away from Vitaglo.com. I'd strongly suggest checking reseller ratings before you do any business with them.

I buy a lot of supps and I've been lifting for a long time, so if you need specific advice, feel free to PM me.

May 12, 2005 at 7:26 PM Post #7 of 44
Forgot to mention, unless you're seriously "cutting" you can skip the glutamine. Whey protein contains plenty of it.

If you do need it, buy Glutamine Peptides rather than straight amino acids. You'll get much better abosorption and don't have to take them on an empty stomach.

May 12, 2005 at 8:32 PM Post #8 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpr703
Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey isn't bad, but the Team Skip kicks the crap out of it if you're a serious lifter.

kicks the crap out of it? BS. Comparing their nutrition profiles the difference is there, but "kicks the crap out if it," is pure hyperbole. Does the difference warrant a 43% price premium per pound?

As I see it, the difference in % protein by weight between the two looks favorable for True Protein at first glance, but once you realize you are comparing a flavored Optimum Whey to True Protein without it's "flavor packs." I wonder what the nutrition profile for the flavor packs are?

May 13, 2005 at 3:20 PM Post #10 of 44
You obviously don't have a clue. Comparing a mix of cheap whey concentrate and hydrolzed whey protein to a mix of pure Egg White, Microfilted Whey Protein Isolate and Micellar Casein is not even a contest. I'm not knocking the Optimum Nutrition product (it's great for the price) but anyone serious about bodybuilding knows that they don't even play in the same yard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CookieFactory
kicks the crap out of it? BS. Comparing their nutrition profiles the difference is there, but "kicks the crap out if it," is pure hyperbole. Does the difference warrant a 43% price premium per pound?

As I see it, the difference in % protein by weight between the two looks favorable for True Protein at first glance, but once you realize you are comparing a flavored Optimum Whey to True Protein without it's "flavor packs." I wonder what the nutrition profile for the flavor packs are?

May 14, 2005 at 12:21 AM Post #11 of 44
Amazon.com comes withing a couple dollars of the cheapest price on Isopure, and their shipping is a little cheaper than the bargain houses. I believe it's actually shipped by Atomic Nutrition, I haven't checked into buying it direct from them. I went with Amazon because I was reluctant to give my credit card info to an unknown online outlet store. I've been happy with the Isopure so far, I got the 3 pound zero carb vanilla flavor. It's whey protein isolate, and well instantized. It actually tastes better in water than in milk.

G

May 14, 2005 at 4:33 AM Post #12 of 44
I just ordered a bunch of stuff on bodybuilding.com on friday night and it arrived monday afternoon. Their shipping is GREAT!

btw, if you're wondering what i got...
Fish Oil Caps
Creatine Mono (HP)
Whey ON Protein
BCAA
ZMA
and a few other small things..
icon10.gif

May 14, 2005 at 4:39 AM Post #14 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpr703
You obviously don't have a clue. Comparing a mix of cheap whey concentrate and hydrolzed whey protein to a mix of pure Egg White, Microfilted Whey Protein Isolate and Micellar Casein is not even a contest. I'm not knocking the Optimum Nutrition product (it's great for the price) but anyone serious about bodybuilding knows that they don't even play in the same yard.

I would agree with this also from personal experience with regular whey protein and "other" stuff. The "other" stuff tends to improve your recovery time and endurance in a way that the regular whey simply does not.

Is it worth the cost? Well, that's up to you...everyone is different.

May 14, 2005 at 5:05 AM Post #15 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by MuZI
I just ordered a bunch of stuff on bodybuilding.com on friday night and it arrived monday afternoon. Their shipping is GREAT!

btw, if you're wondering what i got...
Fish Oil Caps
Creatine Mono (HP)
Whey ON Protein
BCAA
ZMA
and a few other small things..
icon10.gif

Interestingly enough, I just placed a similar order at bodybuilding.com recently. I already have a tub of Creatine Mono, and it's worked well, but I've decided to try CEE. From the user reviews I've read, Omega Thunder CEE is an amazing product.

Omega Sports Crea-Ethyl Thunder, 240 Capsules
Optimum 100% Whey Gold Standard, 5 Lbs, Rocky Road
NOW Super Omega 3-6-9, 180 Softgels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back