Best of the Tube Integrateds
Jan 31, 2011 at 11:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

wcarpenter

New Head-Fier
I'm in the process of putting together a new system and would love your advice.

Due to space constraints, I'm looking for an awesome tube integrated amp. I'm considering the following:

Mystere ia21
Leben CS-300(x)
Used Mcintosh MA2275

Speakers will either Rega RS5 or Harbeth P3ESR for the Mystere and Mcintosh and the Harbeths or maybe Zus for the Leben. The sources will be a Rega P3-24 and a MacMini/Rega DAC. 

I'd love your thoughts on these combinations. I'm certainly open to suggestions, too. I posted in the Summit-Fi section as it seems to be the most speaker oriented area of Head-Fi. Mods, feel free to move this if there is a better place. 

Thanks!

Feb 1, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #3 of 7
Thanks for the input. I would love to hear the Stingray as it seems like a really neat option. I love the El84 sound in my Miniwatt, so I might like the sound of the Stingray too. 

Feb 1, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #4 of 7
I'd add the Cary Sli-70 variants and the VTL integrated, as well as the Pathos Logos and Classic Mk. 3 and Jadis Orchestra. The new Lux is a sweet amp, as is the Rogue Cronus Magnum and, for the heck of it, the Shindo integrated. And the ARC Vsi-60, which is just terrific.

o

Feb 2, 2011 at 2:14 PM Post #5 of 7
I recently read a very positive review of the VTL integrated (85 I think), which stated that it had a great headphone output which basically made full use of the power amp section. More power and more cost than the Leben

Feb 4, 2011 at 8:56 AM Post #6 of 7
Of your three, I like the Mac/harbeth combo. But would take either the VTL or Manley with the harbeths over even the Mac combo.  Have not heard the Mystere amp.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back