Best of the best gaming cans?
Apr 28, 2006 at 3:57 PM Post #61 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by LoBeS
where would i grab sum dt770 from? also do i get the pro version or normal version?

Look around for the best price, but definitely get the DT770 Pro and make sure it's the 80 ohm version, not the 250.

Apr 28, 2006 at 6:13 PM Post #64 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vedder323
btw, what is the diff between the AKG900s and the 900LTDs?

Just looks?

You mean ATH-A900s?
confused.gif

Apr 28, 2006 at 7:18 PM Post #66 of 89
about $150-$200. That's all that I know for sure as I have never heard the LTDs, but I have heard that they are a better in every way. Maybe someone who has heard both can chime in...

Apr 28, 2006 at 7:29 PM Post #67 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sladeophile
about $150-$200. That's all that I know for sure as I have never heard the LTDs, but I have heard that they are a better in every way. Maybe someone who has heard both can chime in...

There's somewhat of a disagreement between various board members on this. Some feel that the LTD doesn't improve all that much over the A900, and some feel the A900LTD is a vast improvement. Your milage may vary, but I don't really think the LTD is worth the $150 premium.

Apr 28, 2006 at 7:34 PM Post #69 of 89
No.

Well, that's a lie. Will you be able to find a new one at or below MSRP? I doubt it. Will you be able to find one? Yes.

Apr 28, 2006 at 7:36 PM Post #70 of 89
The ATH-A900 has proved very good for me for gaming. I noticed the other day Shure seem to offer a 'gaming' line of in-ear headphones. I'm not too sure if they are any different through as the non-gaming versions are the same price.

Apr 28, 2006 at 7:41 PM Post #71 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by shuurajou
The ATH-A900 has proved very good for me for gaming. I noticed the other day Shure seem to offer a 'gaming' line of in-ear headphones. I'm not too sure if they are any different through as the non-gaming versions are the same price.

I think that's a combination of clever marketing / more bass, but I could be wrong.

Apr 28, 2006 at 7:44 PM Post #72 of 89
Unamped A900LTD brighter in mids and is slightly better in overall sound details then A500.

But amped A900LTD's are more extendable and every instrument sounds bright and life like while A500 don't benifit too much with amplifiers. They just become loud without changing sound signature. It makes day and night difference for me in amped condition.

Remember that A900LTD's are using high quality private design Audio Technica driver's and AT's claimed that they use highest grade diaphram for these drivers. Highest means HIGHEST... Also they're much aggressive. And when powered with aggressive source. Specially with amps geared for sennheiser phones they'll behave like wild animal. They just need flat and dry source coz they themselve generate slight reverb which makes them aggressive and textured with flat studio grade source like Lavy DA10 etc....

My all experience is based on A500 and A900LTD. And I don't have A900. but they are reported similar like A500 and don't benifit much with amp as well. I red a review that A500 and A900 are 99.99% same for untrained ears. And it may be 1-5% advantage for audiophile ears.

Apr 28, 2006 at 7:58 PM Post #73 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
There's somewhat of a disagreement between various board members on this. Some feel that the LTD doesn't improve all that much over the A900, and some feel the A900LTD is a vast improvement. Your milage may vary, but I don't really think the LTD is worth the $150 premium.

Oh dear... These disagreement are based on unamped. OR with some aggressive source. Noone atleast dislike this with Lavry DA10 or with any dry or flat source. Even Lavry DA10 users are grading all AT's top of the line. I don't find any W1000 user whoe prefer this entry level woody over A900LTD's. they are improving too much with amps... It depends on your feeding.. We can't justify even Orph.. if sourced with unmatched amp anyway... It's your openion that they are not worth for extra premium .. I respect it... See pricejapan.com. They are selling it in 99,800 yen. I don't know why they charge morethen W5000 for this if it's crap... Just as HF-1 haves hype here A900LTD's haves somewhere else.

Apr 28, 2006 at 11:25 PM Post #74 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by manchau
Oh dear... These disagreement are based on unamped. OR with some aggressive source. Noone atleast dislike this with Lavry DA10 or with any dry or flat source. Even Lavry DA10 users are grading all AT's top of the line. I don't find any W1000 user whoe prefer this entry level woody over A900LTD's. they are improving too much with amps... It depends on your feeding.. We can't justify even Orph.. if sourced with unmatched amp anyway... It's your openion that they are not worth for extra premium .. I respect it... See pricejapan.com. They are selling it in 99,800 yen. I don't know why they charge morethen W5000 for this if it's crap... Just as HF-1 haves hype here A900LTD's haves somewhere else.

They're charging more because AT was stupid enough to make them "LTD". Limited products just suck. Not in the sound quality sense, in the sense that the manufacturer doesn't want to spread the good sound for a long time.

Apr 29, 2006 at 3:58 AM Post #75 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrilix
They're charging more because AT was stupid enough to make them "LTD". Limited products just suck. Not in the sound quality sense, in the sense that the manufacturer doesn't want to spread the good sound for a long time.

AFAIK many companies making limited edition to gain reputation rather then mony and to boost their other products sale. By selling just 500 or 1000 piece of any model they're not going to survive especially big companies like Audio Technica in Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back