Best of Both Worlds
Jul 29, 2003 at 2:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Kieran Comito

500+ Head-Fier
Can I have the best of both worlds? I'm trying to figure out if I can intergrate my Twin Head preamp into my main system so I can enjoy two channel, but at the same time have HT/TV go through the reciever. Let me explain further. Right now, I have the reciever going to my external two channel amp when I watch tv or movies. When I want to listen to music using the Twin Head preamp rather than the reciever, I have unhook the interconnects from the reciever and plug them into the preamp. Is there a way I can integrate the whole system so I do not have to unhook the interconnects everytime? Thanks

Jul 29, 2003 at 6:10 PM Post #2 of 3
I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand your system, but here are some general answers:

If it's only one source you listen to, when you listen to two-channel, then you may want to consider splitting at the source, and putting it on a separate input on the TwinHead.

If you have to go through the receiver, look for an analog out. Sometimes this is labelled "tape deck", sometimes "MD", sometimes you might even get a "pre out".

Just a couple of thoughts. Please provide a diagram of your system.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 29, 2003 at 6:22 PM Post #3 of 3
Okay, when watching tv or music videos ect... my system is like this. Reviever connected to external two channel amp. When I am listening to music, I disconnect the interconnects from the reciver to the external amp and plug them into my preamp. So far I have not figured out how to run from source (cd player) to preamp to reciever to exteranl amps and get sound. Hope that helps explain. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back