Best of both worlds. Does it exist?
Aug 14, 2009 at 4:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Dogbane

Banned
I enjoy the airiness and huge soundstage of my AD900s, but I also love the powerful bass and isolation of my Triports. I love the comfort of both. Is there something out there that combines the positive qualities of both of these without the negatives of either (and especially without a big loss of comfort)?

I have considered the A900s, and would be interested in other possibilities near that price (I have never tried any Utrasones or Beyers.)

If I sold the AD900s first, I would be able to consider something up in the $700 range such as JVC DX-700s or W5000s, but I am reluctant to do that unless the difference is really spectacular.

I have read that Denons have great bass and imaging, but don't really isolate.

The Onkyo receiver I am using now works well with both of my current phones, and I don't want to have to buy a new amp.

My musical tastes center around jazz and rock. I never listen to classical or rap, and very little country.

Aug 14, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #2 of 2
i have the a900 and have had the ad900. the a900 has sharper highs and much deeper lows than the ad900. soundstage is big for a close can.
the a900 is airier than the denon ahd2000 (which i also have)

also consider the beyerdynamic dt770 250 ohm version (not the pro which is a sibilant, headache inducing bass monster)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back