Best Noise isolation Headphones for classicall music price 120 euros top
Jan 2, 2014 at 2:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

penelope94

New Head-Fier
Im searching for headphones. I listen mostly to classical music and i work with other people so i need a good noise isolation. i already own etymotic mc5 so i want something better that those if it excists in this price :) im going to buy sansa clip + so thats going to be my player.
so i need

Clean and strong sound
Noise isolation

Im between those now what do you suggest?

AKG K-172 HD
Sennheiser HD-280 PRO
sennheiser HD-380 PRO

im thinking abou 380 by the reviews and the posts i read in here. what do you think?

Jan 2, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #2 of 17
Hi,

You should strongly consider Beyerdynamic DT660.
http://www.head-fi.org/products/beyerdynamic-premium-dt-660-headphones-ear-cup/reviews

Best Luck!

Jan 4, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #8 of 17
  Could you recommend something at this price but noise cancelling?

I don't have much experience with noise cancelling headphones, sorry.

Despite their not so good sound, some reviews point to Bose for sheer noise cancelling ability. I don't want to vouch for stuff I haven't tried though. Hopefully somebody else will chime in.

Jan 6, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #10 of 17
The go to for the last while is Bose QC15 and recently QC20. I haven't tried either.

Jan 6, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #11 of 17
Dt660 is said to be very, very good with classical music. Not sure about how much it isolates.

Jan 6, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #12 of 17
DT660 is indeed very fine for orchestral music, hence its reputation for classical. I recommend it for chamber too. I enjoy it a good deal less for other classical subgenres such as solo piano. Isolation is slightly below average. Comfort is a little above average.

Jan 8, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #15 of 17
The closed, portable Martin Logan Mikros 90 might meet (or exceed) your requirements.

They reportedly block up to 92% of ambient noise.

From my personal experience, they isolate very well and leak very little.  They sound clear, focused, balanced, open, detailed and effortless while not losing their grip on musicality.  They handle Period, Baroque, Classical, Romantic, Impressionistic--ditto for the respective early and late variants--and even organ compositions well and can convincingly convey the Wagnerian ethos with all its brassy and percussive formidability.  Vocals are a delight.

Get them properly positioned and adequately amped and I think you are in for a real treat!

They can be purchased for about $80 right now.

An underrated and underappreciated overachiever on these threads, IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back