Best Noise-Cancelling Headphones?
Sep 12, 2007 at 10:06 PM Post #2 of 31
noise cancelling, or sound isolating? different things.

plus, got a price range? what kind of music do you like? we need more information!
wink.gif

Sep 12, 2007 at 10:10 PM Post #3 of 31
Sorry, I'm such a noob, can you explain the difference between noise cancelling and sound isolating.

I've got a price range up to £200 ($400), and I listen primarily to hip hop on my iPod.

Thanks for replying.

Sep 12, 2007 at 10:47 PM Post #4 of 31
Sound isolating just means the physical design of the phones blocks outside sound. Noise-canceling means there's an active electronic device that produces waves that cancel out noise.

Sep 12, 2007 at 11:30 PM Post #5 of 31
I vote ATH-ANC7. It also blocks out sounds well even without noise canceling. Sounds really good, but it's not the best in SQ as compared to other cans in the same price range, though.

Sep 12, 2007 at 11:38 PM Post #6 of 31
I voted for the DT 770, it has damn fine SQ, especially if you like bass
basshead.gif

Plus, it's also super-comfy.

Sep 13, 2007 at 12:13 AM Post #8 of 31
My vote is obvious since I have only heard two of the noise canceling (NC) ones. Some of the others are also very good but not noise canceling. My vote is for the ANC7 if NC is the criteria.

Sep 13, 2007 at 12:33 AM Post #9 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xoen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I vote ATH-ANC7. It also blocks out sounds well even without noise canceling. Sounds really good, but it's not the best in SQ as compared to other cans in the same price range, though.

With my limited experience, I agree. I love mine.

Sep 13, 2007 at 3:56 AM Post #10 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by BassheadJazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
basshead.gif

Is the bass so powerful that it would overshadow the mids and highs? I was considering those cans before I bought my AD700's. The reason I chose the AT's over them was because I feared I would hear nothing but bass, giving me bad memories of my first Bose sets (glad I returned those POS's haha)!

Sep 13, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #11 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by BassheadJazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
basshead.gif

Is the bass so powerful that it would overshadow the mids and highs? I was considering those cans before I bought my AD700's. The reason I chose the AT's over them was because I feared I would hear nothing but bass, giving me bad memories of my first Bose sets! (Glad I returned those piece of craps haha)
rs1smile.gif

Sep 13, 2007 at 4:39 AM Post #12 of 31
if Bose QC wins, i vote we have a poll on banning all polls.

Sep 13, 2007 at 6:57 AM Post #14 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, you would think on a site called Head-Fi people would actually read through the forum and go listen to some of these great cans we talk about so much. When people vote for headphones like Bose, it proves they aren't doing too much reading here.

And yet, I'd bet the Bose outsells all the other models combined. I travel a lot on business and that's about all I see other than white ipod buds. I just recieved my livewires yesterday and no less than 3 people have told me I could have "upgraded" to Bose for not much more.

Sep 13, 2007 at 7:09 AM Post #15 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, you would think on a site called Head-Fi people would actually read through the forum and go listen to some of these great cans we talk about so much. When people vote for headphones like Bose, it proves they aren't doing too much reading here.

ANC7 sounds a tad better, but QC2 is just THAT much more comfortable

The audio-technica itches my ears after a while, if they were equally priced i'd say QC2. For long flights I'd try to find a used QC2

But I guess in the end most here would appreciate SQ more than comfort.. and i own an ANC7 so i gave it my vote

Users who are viewing this thread

Back