Best Noise Canceling Mic
Aug 20, 2009 at 6:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

FraGTaLiTy

Head-Fier
The Zalman unfortunately doesn't sound cancel background noise well enough; it picked up a ton of sound from my teammates and spectators from a LAN. I need a mic to pair with my ad700s that will cancel background noise as effectively as gaming headsets do (mic part only). It also needs to be comfortably integrated with the headphone (clip on is preferred, haven't used a goose neck around the neck, but if it is comfortable I'll take your word for it)

Aug 20, 2009 at 9:54 AM Post #2 of 4
The best noise-cancelling mic. in the world is the Coles 4104.
biggrin.gif

4104commentatorsribbon.jpg

It's the standard commentators lip mic. that is used ringside at boxing rings or anywhere that clear speech is needed in a noisy environment.

It's hand-held though and the lip guard *has* to touch the upper lip for correct use.

It looks old - and is, as it's a very old design - but it is a current mic. and still the one of choice for radio and TV commentators.

Aug 20, 2009 at 5:16 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by John Willett /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The best noise-cancelling mic. in the world is the Coles 4104.
biggrin.gif

4104commentatorsribbon.jpg

It's the standard commentators lip mic. that is used ringside at boxing rings or anywhere that clear speech is needed in a noisy environment.

It's hand-held though and the lip guard *has* to touch the upper lip for correct use.

It looks old - and is, as it's a very old design - but it is a current mic. and still the one of choice for radio and TV commentators.

Are there any clip on/ neck wrap around mics that will noise cancel as well as gaming headsets and the mic you suggested?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back