Best neutral IEMs around $150?
Apr 1, 2018 at 8:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

TripBitShooter

500+ Head-Fier
I have been using headphones almost exclusively until now, but got sick and tired of having to constantly worry about peeling and hardening of headbands and earpads, so i decided to switch to IEMs (at least for outdoor use. Home use is still my Sennheiser HD 598).

i just want as neutral as possible. I listen to a wide range of music, like EDM, rock, indie pop, classical etc etc. Im also a musician myself, playing the cello and piano. I have always felt that no matter the genre, even those which people feel a bass bias will help with enjoyment, a neutral IEM has always sounded the best to me.

I have a few choices, but feel free to throw in whatever you guys know. As of now, im choosing between the Brainwavz B200, hifiman RE600, etymotics HF5 and vsonic GR07 classic edition. Im open to other choices as well, as long as they are the very best of "neutral" that u can find at this price range.

Source gear for outdoor use is exclusively an LG G6. the 32 bit ESS Sabre DAC inside has been refined over my old LG V20. While my LG V20's DAC had some warmth, bass bloom and a mildly excited treble, the LG G6 is very quick in its pacing and attack, and overall provides a much cleaner sound and better spatial awareness compared to the V20.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #3 of 7
Do some research on the fostex te-02, my favourite neutral iem under 100 dollar
It seems good for its price, but then and again its price is low, and is probably outclassed somewhat by the RE600 and Vsonic GR07 i mentioned?

Apr 2, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #5 of 7
Recently just purchased a pair of FiiO F9 pro and been enjoying it, clean and ckear sound. I would totally recommend the Gr07 as well but the build might be questionable as I have encountered them in the past.

Apr 2, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #6 of 7
Recently just purchased a pair of FiiO F9 pro and been enjoying it, clean and ckear sound. I would totally recommend the Gr07 as well but the build might be questionable as I have encountered them in the past.
What is your impression of the Fiio F9 pro? Is it neutral? And how is the sound compared to the GR07 u had?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back