Best music to demo headphones
Feb 18, 2013 at 8:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

cdd3068

New Head-Fier
What are some good music tunes to fully immerse yourself into music and really show off your cans? I don't care what genre of music, but just looking for something to come back and say "wow that was amazing". Right now, I'm using Beyer DT-990 600ohm powered by an STX. Maybe some upbeat jazz? Any input would be helpful. 

Feb 18, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #2 of 8
Live recordings. One time I was listening to my alphabetically arranged music, Joe Walsh's 'Life's Been Good' then followed by Joey Ramone's 'What A Wonderful World' live, when Joey said 'and its a wonderful world', I thought it was somebody behind me so I turned around.

Sep 24, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #3 of 8
What are some good music tunes to fully immerse yourself into music and really show off your cans? I don't care what genre of music, but just looking for something to come back and say "wow that was amazing". Right now, I'm using Beyer DT-990 600ohm powered by an STX. Maybe some upbeat jazz? Any input would be helpful.

Yes. Fragile. Heart of the Sunrise.

Prepare for out of body experience.

Sep 24, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #4 of 8
Yes. Fragile. Heart of the Sunrise.

Prepare for out of body experience.

Better yet... just play Yes/Fragile from start to finish. LOL

Sep 24, 2017 at 6:55 PM Post #5 of 8
As a veteran cosmic rocker, may I suggest The Moody Blues, Days of Future Past.:ksc75smile:

Sep 29, 2017 at 5:03 AM Post #6 of 8
Rachelle Ferrell - individuality

MI0000289958.jpg

Especially 3rd and 2nd track.

Oct 22, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #8 of 8
Wilco- Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Specifically, the song Jesus, etc.

Very well recorded track with several evolving layers. Always my go to for auditioning new gear.

Other tracks I like for that purpose:
Fleetwood Mac- Dreams
Coheed and Cambria- Mother May I
Porcupine Tree- Lazarus
Fiona Apple- Valentine
Kishi Bashi- Haha pt. 1
Death Cab for Cutie- Marching Bands of Manhattan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back