Best music site evar!!
Oct 28, 2006 at 6:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

the Jackal

100+ Head-Fier
check it out: www.pandora.com

possibly a repost, but I think a worthy one at that. All you do is type in some of your favorite artist, and then let the website select other bands/groups with the same sound characteristics. Even if you not looking for new music, which I find impossible, I'd still check it out since its free.

Oct 28, 2006 at 6:56 PM Post #2 of 9
Im pretty sure this has been posted before. I use it a lot, it works pretty well in some cases but a lot of the times it gives you stuff that really doesnt sound like what you typed in at all. Example: I typed in Metallica and somehow i eventually got Deicide, Cannibal Corpse, and Slayer. Just a wee bit off there.

Oct 28, 2006 at 8:05 PM Post #3 of 9
Yes that may be, but I've found a few artist's that i've never heard before from there. Even though some don't have much in common with the original artist I typed, it was still good music. Just thought i'd spread the worde since I just heard about and think its one of the better music streaming sites out there.

Oct 28, 2006 at 8:29 PM Post #4 of 9
Dude, getting metal bands as a result of entering a metal band is exactly what Pandora is all about. You choose a song or artist and it picks songs with similar attributes.

You want to talk off-beat selections, I typed in King Crimson, and the next song on the list was Britney Spears. Gah!

Oct 28, 2006 at 9:24 PM Post #5 of 9
I like this link. Thanks for the public service.

Oct 29, 2006 at 12:13 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beach123456
Im pretty sure this has been posted before. I use it a lot, it works pretty well in some cases but a lot of the times it gives you stuff that really doesnt sound like what you typed in at all. Example: I typed in Metallica and somehow i eventually got Deicide, Cannibal Corpse, and Slayer. Just a wee bit off there.

Perhaps there should have been a choice between old metallica and new age metallica
biggrin.gif

...Master of Puppets to Reign in Blood is a very acceptable link.

Oct 29, 2006 at 12:19 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by rreynol
Perhaps there should have been a choice between old metallica and new age metallica
biggrin.gif

...Master of Puppets to Reign in Blood is a very acceptable link.

Yeah, but metallica to Deicide? For those who don't know, Deicide is Heavy Satanic Metal.......
blink.gif
I thought this was kinda weird cause most of the times i got not only a genre similarity, like metal to metal, but the bands i got had a VERY similar sound.

Oct 29, 2006 at 6:25 AM Post #8 of 9
You know Metallica did a big Mercyful Fate cover. I can say it is in the very least reasonable to relate them to the likes of Slayer.

Oh, and yeah, I'm a long-time user of Pandora. I find it quite useful for finding new music and exploring a variety of music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back