Best Multipurpose Headphone
Sep 7, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #31 of 35
I thought you said the mixamp has a line out? May as well try it. I would have a go with the HD650s before buying anything else, if you still have them.

As for the Victor, I do use it with other amplifiers from the headphone socket. I use a single turn (left to right), on the volume control. That seems to give a level pretty close to line level. Any more and I start to notice grain. It's not as good as a true line out but I can't hear much difference between that an a true line out from my soundcard.

Sep 7, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #32 of 35
I made a thread about this a couple months back. This should answer some questions...

Sep 7, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #33 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by ear8dmg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought you said the mixamp has a line out? May as well try it. I would have a go with the HD650s before buying anything else, if you still have them.

As for the Victor, I do use it with other amplifiers from the headphone socket. I use a single turn (left to right), on the volume control. That seems to give a level pretty close to line level. Any more and I start to notice grain. It's not as good as a true line out but I can't hear much difference between that an a true line out from my soundcard.

Hmm, so you do DH from the Victor and use the standard headphone jack into your AMP and turn it up to the point where you have no static? Did not know that would work but I will give it a shot with the mixamp.

What are your thoughts are using Xonar Essence or something and doing DH there and using it's line out to the amp (or does it even have a line out).

Sep 7, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #34 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Uam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I made a thread about this a couple months back. This should answer some questions...

Thanks, that was helpful. looks like alot of people like the HD600. I have already sent the HD650 back. Did not like the coloration and dark sound to it. Somehow and am not convinced that amplification is going to change the artificial bass that is added to that set.

Sep 7, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #35 of 35
By the way - I did try HD600s with Dolby Headphone (from Xonar D2 soundcard) a while ago. Soundstage was excellent but I did think they were a tad bass light at the time. That might have been my amplification though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back