Best MP3 Portable Audio Source ?
Nov 24, 2004 at 2:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

uber1337coder

New Head-Fier
Title says it all. Im looking to get a MP3 player. I know best can be a bit subjective, so all im really worried about is the sound quality; Its so hard to find that kind of info in a comparison format on the net. And once i know which ones sound the best i can do my own research on battery life, storage options, etc (althought if ya wanna mention that, i'ld love ya for it)

TIA dudes

Nov 24, 2004 at 3:19 PM Post #2 of 5
there are lots of threads about this already. there are even 2 polls on the best mp3 player. simply do a search.

Nov 24, 2004 at 6:56 PM Post #3 of 5
Those best MP3 player polls are a bust and no one should make a buying decision based off of one. Especially when your main consideration is sound quality.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the Nomad Jukebox 3 via the line-out is still the undisputed king of portable sound quality. Since it's almost three years old and uses laptop harddrives (bulkier) instead of microdrives, they're relatively cheap.

There's a guy in the sales forum selling a 20GB for $150 with an extra battery. You can have two batteries in at once which brings its battery life to about 20 hours.

I bought mine when it first came out... it was a 20GB. I later put in a 40GB. To put things in perspective, a 60GB drive is $91 (pricewatch.com).

Nov 24, 2004 at 7:03 PM Post #4 of 5
i agree that the creative jukebox 3 sounds good. but god, just look at the size of that thing.

Nov 24, 2004 at 7:04 PM Post #5 of 5
i'd rather get my discman and my cds. that way, i'd get better sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back