Best MP3 Player???
Oct 9, 2005 at 8:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

booba

New Head-Fier
I am buying one this weekend and would like to know your recommendations. I would prefer one that has lots of space and does not skip. A microphone would be ideal as well, price is not a big issue.

So far peeps have recommended;

Ipod Nano
samsung YP-MT6
Creative Zen
Iriver H10

Which is the best player right now, and which is BEST BANG for the BUCK?

I was also told Mp 4 players are soon to be out, is this so and is it worth the wait?

Oct 9, 2005 at 9:54 AM Post #4 of 33
Give us more specific requirements such as capacity, features you'd like and we'll be able to narrow it down
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 9, 2005 at 3:14 PM Post #5 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by booba
I was also told Mp 4 players are soon to be out, is this so and is it worth the wait?

If you mean video players they're already out (and another may or may not be introduced Tuesday). If you mean MP4 audio, they're also already out - the iPod (a.k.a. AAC wrapped in MP4 container). On the audio side there's also several Ogg Vorbis players.

Oct 9, 2005 at 5:16 PM Post #7 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by booba
and which is BEST BANG for the BUCK?

I would say the Creative Zen Touch. However, i'm not sure about the durability of the player and creative's customer service.

Oct 9, 2005 at 7:41 PM Post #8 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by discord
I would say the Creative Zen Touch. However, i'm not sure about the durability of the player and creative's customer service.

ya the touch is a bit on the big side, but its tough as nails. i also havent dealth with creatives customer support.

Oct 9, 2005 at 8:27 PM Post #9 of 33
I had a dodgy headphone jack on my Touch. I sent Creative an email on Monday, and they sent me back a reference code to send. I sent it in Tuesday and got it back fixed on the Friday.

I thought they might send me a new one so I wiped the HDD clear.
plainface.gif

Oct 10, 2005 at 2:16 AM Post #10 of 33
I've found the Zen Touch to be very durable.

Creative's customer support is excellent in my opinion. In the single time I had to deal with them, they were great. They called me on my mobile to let me know what was going on with my Zen Micro RMA.

Great stuff.

Oct 10, 2005 at 12:38 PM Post #11 of 33
Another vote for the Touch. Good price, great battery life (I get around 18-20 hrs), good music navigation and good tech support.

Oct 10, 2005 at 1:43 PM Post #12 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpian007
I've found the Zen Touch to be very durable.

Creative's customer support is excellent in my opinion. In the single time I had to deal with them, they were great. They called me on my mobile to let me know what was going on with my Zen Micro RMA.

Great stuff.

Unless they relocated recently, Creative Labs is one of the few mp3 manufacturers that still use an American based technical phone support (Oklaholma).

cool.gif

Oct 10, 2005 at 7:41 PM Post #15 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader
so that means you aren't talking to someone in india? Ring me up a micro!

Spend a little time over at the Creative forums...ugh...nothing but complaints about the Micro.

Also, the Touch is on its way out of Creative's lineup, apparently. Firmware updates, etc., are not being done for this model.

However, the new model, the Zen Sleek, *is* Sleek, and I love mine! 20gb, no problems at all after 2 months' near-daily use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back