Best MP3 player under 200?
Jan 9, 2015 at 2:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Dfresh

New Head-Fier
So recently I retired my iPod nano 7th generation since I'm tired of being locked down to iTunes. Anyway, I'm looking for a MP3 player or smartphone that will play my music with the best sound quality. I have a Sansa clip zip i'm using for the gym but not that ideal for walking around as it runs out of batteries by midday.

Requirements:
16GB of space or microsd slot
FLAC support
Good battery life

Prefer:
Cowon players

retaliers:
eBay.ca
amazon.ca

I've heard good things about Cowon and kinda want to try them out

Jan 9, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #2 of 4
Just a thought. I have a Classic 80 gig Ipod. Not sure how but iTunes was removed from it and it works like any standard mp3 player. Real easy to download music onto it from any source and it sounds better than iTunes. At least good for a mp3 player.

Jan 9, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #3 of 4
Just a thought. I have a Classic 80 gig Ipod. Not sure how but iTunes was removed from it and it works like any standard mp3 player. Real easy to download music onto it from any source and it sounds better than iTunes. At least good for a mp3 player.

http://www.rockbox.org/

Requirements:
16GB of space or microsd slot
FLAC support
Good battery life

Prefer:
Cowon players

retaliers:
eBay.ca
amazon.ca

If you'll be using IEMs there's the Fiio X1. It can drive headphones too but battery life was split in half with the HD600 (maybe less); worked great with Grados but I didn't get to test the battery life.

Jan 9, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #4 of 4
I have a Cown D2+ somewhere. Great battery life, but I think my Sansa Clip+ sounds better.

Sounds like you need one of these for when your battery starts to get low: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Anker-2nd-Gen-Astro-Mini-3200mAh-Ultra-Compact-Portable-Charger-Lipstick-Sized-/291345778256

Couple that with a FiiO X1, and you'd be good to go :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back