best mp3 player ? (regarding SQ only)
Jan 30, 2007 at 1:08 AM Post #91 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nandro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alot of these players i agree probably have good SQ, but line out is important to me and most of the players info or spec's dont mention it. Does Zune have line out? I would love an H120, but they are hard to find. Maybe I can find someone to trade for my 4G iPod photo.

Not right now...I think some are in development and I'm hoping to see one coming out soon.

Jan 30, 2007 at 1:32 AM Post #92 of 179
Yea, for audiopholes lack of a line out is usually a deal killer. One of the things I like about the iPod is there is a multitude of LO makers and Moders. I am going to consider the iMod after I have surgury tomorrow if everything goes alright. If it sounds great I may sell my new 80G iPod video.

Jan 30, 2007 at 2:51 AM Post #93 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nandro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought others said it had a different sound signature than the Karma? Also if the sound is as good how come they arent selling like hotcakes? I may put my 4G iPod photo up for trade for one of these if the sound is as good. Do they have a line out?

IMO it does have a different sound. Crystaline highs, very quiet and a different balance across the sound spectrum. Doesn't have that very full, powerful sound of the Karma. Not bad just different.

I believe if Trekstor releases the Dock it will have line out on it similar to the Karma also infared remote control.

As much as I like my VibeZ I'm still suffering from Karma withdrawal
blink.gif

EDIT added 02/04/07
After using for a couple of months and reading about others VibeZ's being in French mode with lower output. I decided to reset and reload mine. Even though I was sure I had selected NO during initialization. It was obvious after doing this that the VibeZ has been in a restricted mode, Low Output, since I got it.

The change has been astonishing. The VibeZ retained it's very quiet background and detailed sound but now has that Full, Rich, Deep characteristic sound of the Karma.

If you have one now or get a VibeZ and think the output is much lower than you expected please take the time to go through this reset, Features->Maintenance->Factory Defaults. This will Reformat the drive and return it to it's original settings from the factory. The first time you start it up, when it prompts you if you live in France be sure to select NO! The change will do you good!!

Jan 30, 2007 at 5:03 PM Post #94 of 179
Keep us informed, if it comes out with a line out I may sell off something to get one. Unless you want to swap for my iPod Photo temporarily to see how you like it.

Jan 30, 2007 at 5:52 PM Post #95 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by wafflesomd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, I'm surprised about the negative comments for the h120.

I have yet to hear a better player. I'm not sure where your hiss is coming from either. I've owned two h120's, neither of them had hiss.

I havn't read all posts on this thread, but the reason I bought iriver was that it was that player most peple around the net recommended according to SQ.
I can say mine is great, it's so detaild and dynamic that I sometimes wonder, how can this little player produce such a sound.

And about the hiss, yes it's there but I can only hear It with IEM, never with any bigger headphone.

Jan 31, 2007 at 11:28 AM Post #97 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by minktoast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love my H120 too. Optical out to an external DAC - superb sound. Hiss?
blink.gif
Never heard any.

No we are talking about the hiss that comes through HP-Out.

Feb 4, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #98 of 179
Hmm so far ive found my Sony NW-HD1 to be the best so far, compared with an EMU 0404, iPod nano and a Zune with HD595's. Im not sure what it is, maybe the synergy, but acoustic music with the hd1/hd595 combo is magic

Feb 4, 2007 at 2:01 PM Post #99 of 179
As I've begun to listen to my new iAudio X5, I feel the sound improving. This also may be due to the vmoda vibes that I got at the same time burning in as well.

Suffice it to say, I wasn't overwhelmed with the sound when it was all new, so I put on a mix and burned it in for about 60 hours. Next time I do a burn-in on phones, I'm going to either put on a much more diverse mix, or investigate some "pink noise" or whatever.

It just seems that every time I fire it up, it sounds better than the last time I listened. I have all the effects turned off, with a slight bump in the lowest two frequencies on the EQ (stock FW). Despite the X5's infamy for poor line out quality, I look forward to amping the thing, doing a comparison between the line out and a flat full-volume headphone out as others have done.

I fretted over the purchase of the X5 for months, and I can safely say now that it was a good purchase. The SQ is starting to exceed my expectations.

Feb 4, 2007 at 3:44 PM Post #100 of 179
Updated my previous post about the VibeZ to reflect the change in it after getting the French Output restriction shut off.

I'm happy to say I'm no Longer in Karma withdrawl
biggrin.gif

May my Rio Karma rest in peace.

VibeZ -> HF-1 is awesome!
cool.gif

VibeZ -> Pimeta -> HD600 heavenly
eek.gif

Feb 4, 2007 at 4:33 PM Post #101 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrototypeX2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is minimal hiss from all iRiver players.

Wow, thank you for that useless post.

I've owned an h120, h10, and I'm on my h100 right now. Never heard any hiss out of the headphone out.

Feb 4, 2007 at 4:50 PM Post #102 of 179
There is a very small amount of hiss out of my iRiver E10, but to hear it I need to be in a completely quiet surrounding and with lowest possible volume. In other words, I never hear it, and I've experienced the same with other iRivers. Very good player
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 4, 2007 at 6:54 PM Post #103 of 179
Here are some devices I used to have, from worse to best:

iPod mini: aaaawful. Lack of bass. Overall dull sound.

HTC Universal (PDA phone): With a good mp3 player sw (GSPlayer) it sounds okay. It lacks a little bit of bass and overall it sounds a bit harsh and dark.

Asus A620 (PDA): I had this way before I became an audiophile-ish-esque, but I
do remember that it sounded surprisingly good.

Cowon iAudio U3: Man I miss this device. The audio quality is just..... perfect. Yeah, it is the best sounding player I have ever heard (I have yet to try a Karma
smily_headphones1.gif
). If it wouldn't be so darn expensive I'd buy another one within a hearbeat. So yeah, this is the best.

Feb 5, 2007 at 1:01 AM Post #105 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by lovebell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This kinda topic never gonna be end...you won't find an answer.
Most of the DAPs are in the same level,just different taste...

so how does each one taste? And which goes well with asparagus?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back