Best MP3 player for £150 (250 dollars)?
Dec 25, 2013 at 11:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

UnorthodoxJames

New Head-Fier
Merry Christmas everyone!

Finally got my new Sony E5858 to replace my Cowons S9 (with the on/off switch I had to repair).  Music sounds GREAT... went to put my Audible audio books on there & ... nothing.  Turns out Sony have some sort of issue with Audible & so their Walkman's aren't compatible with Audible Manager.  Headache.  So I'm gonna send it back & get something else.

Do any of you guys have any recommendations for the above price?  My needs are relatively simple.  First and foremost I reaaaally want it to sound good.  Then comes battery life (I have a habit of leaving my devices on), and I'd like to be able to use USB mass storage (as opposed to proprietary software) to transfer my files.  There, easy. :)

Any ideas?

Dec 26, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #2 of 2
  Merry Christmas everyone!

Finally got my new Sony E5858 to replace my Cowons S9 (with the on/off switch I had to repair).  Music sounds GREAT... went to put my Audible audio books on there & ... nothing.  Turns out Sony have some sort of issue with Audible & so their Walkman's aren't compatible with Audible Manager.  Headache.  So I'm gonna send it back & get something else.

Do any of you guys have any recommendations for the above price?  My needs are relatively simple.  First and foremost I reaaaally want it to sound good.  Then comes battery life (I have a habit of leaving my devices on), and I'd like to be able to use USB mass storage (as opposed to proprietary software) to transfer my files.  There, easy. :)

http://anythingbutipod.com/2009/05/guide-to-audiobooks-on-mp3-players/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back